quotes on purpose of life

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005

      The cost of a thing is the amount of what I call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run.
      Thoreau, Henry David

      Look and you will find it-what is unsought will go undetected.

      You are a child of the Universe, no less than the moon and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the Universe is unfolding as it should.
      Ehrmann, Max

      Purpose serves as a principle around which to organize our lives.

      I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.
      Schweitzer, Albert

      The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live.
      Borysenko, Joan

      Our deeds determine us, as much as we determine our deeds.
      Elliot, George

      We were not sent into this world to do anything into which we can not put our heart.
      Ruskin, John

      Life is a promise; fulfill it.
      Mother Theresa

      An age is called Dark, not because the light fails to shine, but because people refuse to see it.
      Michener, James

      Great minds have purposes, little minds have wishes
      Irving, Washington

      The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.
      Emerson, Ralph Waldo

      The purpose of life is to live a life of purpose
      Leider, Richard

      If you can not find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it? Dogen Belief consists in accepting the affirmations of the soul; unbelief, denying them.
      Emerson, Ralph Waldo

      "I have done my best." That is about all the philosophy of living one needs.
      Yutang, Lin

      Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music-the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
      Miller, Henry

      You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
      The Upanishads

      That is happiness: to be dissolved into something complete and great.
      Cather, Willa

      How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.
      Shakespeare, William

      Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.
      King, Martin Luther

      Each small task of everyday is part of the total harmony of the universe.
      St. Theresa of Lisieux

      Seeing yourself as you want to be is the key to personal growth.

      The universe is change; our life is what our thoughts make it.
      Aurelius, Marcus

      If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.
      Newton, Isaac

      I would rather fail in a cause that will ultimately triumph than to triumph in a cause that will ultimately fail.
      Wilson, Woodrow