Fw: MORE gRATITude

  • Kelly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2005

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Kelly
      Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2005 7:22 AM
      Subject: MORE gRATITude

      "A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves."
      --Henry Ward Beecher
      "Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life."
      --Christiane Northrup
      "Love wholeheartedly, be surprised, give thanks and praise--then you will discover the fullness of your life."
      --Brother David Steindl-Rast
      "Life without thankfulness is devoid of love and passion. Hope without thankfulness is lacking in fine perception. Faith without thankfulness lacks strength and fortitude. Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road."
      --John Henry Jowett
      "True thanksgiving means that we need to thank God for what He has done for us, and not to tell Him what we have done for Him."
      --George R. Hendrick
      "In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich."
      --Dietrich Bonhoeffer
      "Happiness is itself a kind of gratitude."
      --Joseph Wood Krutch
      "I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street, I met a man who had no feet."
      --Denis Waitely
      "If you can't be thankful for what you receive, be thankful for what you escape."
      --Unknown
      "Take full account of the excellencies which you possess, and in gratitude remember how you would hanker after them, if you had them not.
      --Marcus Aurelius
      "Real life isn't always going to be perfect or go our way, but the recurring acknowledgement of what is working in our lives can help us not only to survive but surmount our difficulties."
      --Sara Ban Breathnach
      "A thankful person is thankful under all circumstances. A complaining soul complains even if he lives in paradise."
      --Baha'u'llah