Fw: *~Spiritually Speaking~* When to Choose Energy Healing
- ï»¿Hello everyone once again:With all the interest in Energy Healing, I thought it was a great idea to share this Lisa message today. While I have never gotten involved in this type of healing very much, I would get more involved if I just had enough extra money each month. A few of these sessions I have had have been marvelous because the friend who does them keeps you on the table for over and hour and a half and charges a very reasonable fee. However, the last time she moved her office, she moved so far from me that getting there is really inconvenient. Let's just say that I wish I had someone who did this kind of healing in a more convenient place because if I did, I might just find a way to come up with the money I need to have one of these healing sessions monthly, at least.I do hope all of you enjoy this message as much as I did.Peace, love, light and angel hugs,Patti----- Original Message -----Subject: *~Spiritually Speaking~* When to Choose Energy Healing
When to Choose Energy Healing
The term energy healing encompasses many healing techniques, including Reiki, Healing Touch, Therapeutic Touch, La Ho Chi, lightbody work, Barbara Brennanâs Hands of Light, craniosacral, Feldenkris, and lots of others. Most energy healing methods share some common traits and, with the best energy healers, some common outcomes.
Common Traits of Energy Healing
- The client is clothed, with maybe shoes and belt removed.
- The healer uses a light, gentle touch.
- The work is not invasive. So you would not expect an energy healer to dig deeply into muscles or tissue.
- The intensity in this work comes from the energy flowing from a higher Source through the energy healer. Energy healers do not use their own personal energy as the primary healing force, although they usually add their good intentions and love to the Source energy flowing through them.
- Energy work usually promotes relaxation and a sense of peace. Depending on the clientâs intention for the session, energy work might bring up painful issues or memories that have been lodged in the energy field or body. So a session might have some moments that arenât exactly peaceful, but a good energy healer will try to bring the client back to a peaceful state before ending the session.
- Energy healing is an uplifting experience. It often yields a reconnection to Spirit and a return of hope.
Common Traits of Best Energy Healers
The best energy healers share these healing ethics and work methods:
- Respect the clientâs wishes and want the clientâs highest good. For example, they wonât push through an energy block just to prove they can produce results. They would only help a client to release a block if it were for the clientâs highest good in that moment.
- Hold sacred space and respect their clientsâ privacy. They do not talk about their clientsâ healing sessions in public places (like restaurants), in groups, or in published works unless a particular client has given permission for the work to be made public as a way of helping others.
- Draw the energy for the healing and the inspiration on what needs to be done from a higher Source - such as God, Christ, the Divine Mother, angels, benevolent guides, and master healers and teachers.
- Donât make promises or claims they might not be able to keep. The best healers are aware that their role in the healing process might not include the gift of the "big picture." So they promise only to give whatever the higher Source moves them to give, for whatever healing is for the clientâs highest good.
When Energy Healing Can Help
When a client has one of the following conditions, energy healing can often work wonders.
- With exhaustion, burnout and overwork, clients often feel like a weight has been lifted from their shoulders after an energy healing session.
- Grief can be lessened and processed easier with energy healing.
- Chronic physical pain can often be alleviated and sometimes even stopped for a while. Though I have seen it happen, energy healing is usually not able to completely cure the root causes of chronic pain. In this case, itâs most effective as part of a larger treatment plan that also includes medical treatment and behavior changes.
- Emotional distress due to "growing pains" can be relieved during energy healing. Often, in the relaxed state of an energy healing session, the client can see the obstacles to growth that have been causing distress and the next steps on the path to a happier life.
- People who are generally healthy and alert often use energy healing as a way to jump-start a leap in consciousness or a new level of soul growth. They also use energy healing sessions to keep their bodies and energy fields vibrant and healthy. Itâs great preventive medicine!
Energy healing should not be the first choice in the following circumstances:
- Broken bones, deep flesh wounds and other traumas should be treated first by medical personnel. They have the best training for minimizing the damage from accidents and getting the client started on the road to healing. An energy healer can help the client heal faster, once a medical doctor has taken the first steps.
- Life-threatening diseases should also be taken to a medical doctor first. Medical research has made great strides just in the last decade in the battles against cancer, AIDS, and other life-threatening illnesses. As with trauma, energy healers can promote the spiritual connection and relaxation that are so essential to healing, but they usually should not be the first line of defense.
- People troubled with acute mental illness, such as dissociative disorders or psychopathic disorders should first seek help from a licensed mental health professional. An energy healer can work very effectively with the clientâs therapist or psychiatrist to help the client return to a peaceful, relaxed state, but energy healers usually do not have the training to give the client all the help he or she needs to function comfortably and feel well.
Â© Debbie Prevost 2000. Debbie Prevost offers energy healing and spiritual counseling with the assistance of angels. She is an ordained minister, a Reiki master, and a graduate of several other healing methods. She also offers classes on meditation, recovering from burnout and working with angels. Debbie can be reached at (919) 468-1019 or P. O. Box 13441, RTP, NC 27709.
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races, look kindly upon the whole human
family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.... Cherokee Prayer
TheHealingDen@...Â»Â§Â« Â·Â´Â¯`Â»Â§Â« Please do not remove the SS tag - thank you kindlyÂ·.Â»Â§Â« Â·Â´Â¯`Â»Â§Â«(C) http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Spiritually_Speaking
firstname.lastname@example.org : )