take a stand for peace

  • dhimot
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
      Blessings this wondrous day. My name is Oshana Himot and I am so grateful
      to be a new member of this group.

      I received this email from a friend of mine in Texas and felt it was fitting to
      share it on the first day of this year. I do feel this will be a year in which we all
      come together more as one voice for peace and that our voice will be heard.

      Feel free to share this with other groups if you like.

      Many wonderful wishes for a year of peace and joy,

      Oshana

      ~ by Protesting One Dime At A Time
      I received this today from a friend ~ It sounds powerful! Grass roots strategies
      have the power to change things, or at least call attention to things that are
      wrong and use economics to get the attention of those that "run" the country.
      There is time to take this vote GLOBAL ~ anyone with international contacts
      please forward this to them.
      Add your vote for PEACE by spending NO MONEY for 24 hours.

      Not One Dime   -- Spread the word!
      This might be the closest we could come to a general strike in this country and
      could be powerful symbolically if it were wide spread...

      Not One Dime Day - Jan 20, 2005

      Since our religious leaders will not speak out against the war in Iraq, since
      our political leaders don't have the moral courage to oppose it, Inauguration
      Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Dime Day" in America.

      On "Not One Dime Day" is for those who oppose what is happening in our
      name in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of all forms of
      consumer spending.

      During "Not One Dime Day" please don't spend money. Not one dime for
      gasoline. Not one dime for necessities or for impulse purchases.  Not one
      dime for anything for 24 hours.

      On "Not One Dime Day," please boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart, Target etc...

      Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience store or shop online.
      Please don't buy any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter).

      For 24 hours, please do what you can to shut the retail economy down.

      The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war in Iraq is
      immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for starting it and that it is their
      responsibility to stop it.

      "Not One Dime Day" is to remind them, too, that they work for the people of the
      United States of America, not for the international corporations and lobbyists
      who represent the corporations and funnel cash into American politics.

      "Not One Dime Day" is about supporting the troops. The politicians put the
      troops in harm's way.

      Now 1,200 brave young Americans and (some estimate) 100,000 Iraqis have
      died. The politicians owe our troops a plan -- a way to come home.

      There's no rally to attend. No marching to do. No left or right wing agenda to
      rant about. On "Not One Dime Day" you take action by doing nothing.

      You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed.

      For 24 hours, nothing gets spent, not one dime, to remind our religious
      leaders and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq
      and give America back to the people.

      Please share this email with as many people as possible.
    • MUCHgathersMORE@yahoo.ca
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2005
        Welcome to the group Oshana

        unfortunately; one day does not hit them

        people just get filled up the day before

        do your own research

        stop buying any products EVERY DAY of the rest

        of your life. from companies who you do not support

        their actions.

        why not protest

        by putting your dimes

        into the pockets of those who have earned your trust

        perhaps, small business men, and not big corporations

        big corporations do employ many people

        not all big corporations are bad

        just some of them.

        i no longer invest money in the stockmarkets

        i no longer borrow money from the bank

        i no longer leave money; or anymore than
        absolutely necessary in the bank

        i use charge cards, and pay them in full
        monthly
        (that way the bank, earn nothing)

        WHY STOP SPENDING for a DAY ???

        WHY NOT RESEARCH and, stop spending
        where it is not absolutely necessary
        or; where you are not in alignment and/or agreement
        with the actions of companies you purchase from
        and; do that for your lifetime ?

        why should all business suffer;
        for the actions of a few ???

        do you plan to go to work;
        on Jan 21st ?

        do you plan to get paid ?

        it's the exchange;
        that we need to alter

        stop exchanging for a lifetime
        with those who are not in the same
        alignment; as your own alignment

        that brings about permanent chance

        love 'n light to you

        susan

        =====

        Enzymes, Green Foods, Flower Essences, Probiotics, Body Cleanses--Living Water Vitalizer - The 6 sided hexagonal Living Water you Make at HOME buy wholesale www.rgarden.net/workingwonders

        SUSAN 6th Old King Cast SAGE, 1-7-7-7-7 (Mastery row-Truth-Completion--Prosperity)
        "The Great Spirit blesses the traveler,
        who journeys the length, width, and depth of the
        light" Susan Lynne Schwenger