Daily Power Word: Blessings

  • Shay
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004
      Blessings:

      Today's Power Word deals with learning to make the most of what we have been given. Learn to focus on the Blessings you have right now at this moment. Don't think about the "stuff" you don't have, or what you feel is lacking. It is true that where thoughts go so does your energy. Those who stay focused on their blessings make room for more of them to flow in. By taking less for granted we enjoy the whole of our lives more.

      Those who take the pessimists view receive more negativity in feelings of loss, lack, and fear because that is where their thoughts and energy are directed. Need some more blessings in your life? Focus on the ones you already have.

      Today's Exercise:

      Right now, before moving on to the next daily activity name 20 things you are blessed with right now at this very moment. Write them down if you are able. Focus on these 20 things for the rest of your day. When your thoughts start to turn to what you don't have, pull them back to your 20 blessings, add to them as you are able. See how deeply enriched you feel at the end of this day. Repeat as necessary.

      Blessings Shared with me by a reader:

      Thanks for this. Sometimes I do get so into my schedule that I really do forget to stop and reflect on what really matters. So here's my short list of things I'm blessed with at this very moment, in no particular order:

      Life itself
      My hot cup of morning coffee Columbian blend
      My kids
      My family
      My health
      My job
      My home
      The sunshine after a lot of days of rain
      My pets
      Your words of the day

      Thanks so much and may abundant blessings be yours
      *MM

      Do you Yahoo!?