[Panhala] WE HAVE NOT COME TO TAKE PRISONERS -- Hafiz

  • Shay
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2004

      WE HAVE NOT COME TO TAKE PRISONERS

      We have not come here to take prisoners,
      But to surrender ever more deeply
      To freedom and joy.

      We have not come into this exquisite world
      To hold ourselves hostage from love.

      Run my dear,
      From anything
      That may not strengthen
      Your precious budding wings.

      Run like hell my dear,
      From anyone likely
      To put a sharp knife
      Into the sacred, tender vision
      Of your beautiful heart.

      We have a duty to befriend
      Those aspects of obedience
      That stand outside of our house
      And shout to our reason
      "O please, O please,
      Come out and play."

      For we have not come here to take prisoners
      Or to confine our wondrous spirits,

      But to experience ever and ever more deeply
      Our divine courage, freedom and
      Light!

      ~ Hafiz ~

      (The Gift ~ versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky)

      Web archive of Panhala postings at www.Panhala.net/Archive/Index.html

      Do you Yahoo!?
      The all-new My Yahoo! � Get yours free!