Fw: *~Spiritually Speaking~* IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER

  • Patti Garrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hello everyone once again:

      Now I am sure that this great Lisa message is repeat for a lot of you because it is for me, but every time I read it over again, I rethink a lot of things that are going on in my life.  This is just a reminder that we should live our lives as if today might be the last day we have and the last time we have to do what we want to do and should do and that we really should not sweat the small stuff.  I think this message is something we should
      all print out and keep close to our computers so we can see it ever so often and remember what she says so we will be reminded of what really is important in life.

      Enjoy!

      Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

      Patti

       IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER
        By Erma Bombeck

      I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the Earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren’t there for the day.

      I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

      I would have talked less and listened more.

      I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

      I would have eaten the popcorn in the ‘good’ living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

      I would have taken the time to listen to my grandmother ramble about her youth.

      I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

      I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

      I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn’t show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

      Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I’d have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

      When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later, now go get washed up for dinner."

      There would have been more "I love you’s." More "I’m sorry’s."

      But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute…look at it and really see … live it…and never give it back.

      I would stop sweating the small stuff.

      Don’t worry about who doesn’t like you, who has more, or who’s doing what.

      Instead, let’s cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.

      Let’s think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well as spiritually.

      Life is too short to let it pass you by. We only have one shot at this and then it’s gone.

      I hope you all have a blessed day.

                        spiritually_speaking-subscribe@yahoogroups.com    : )