Re: [lovingpurelove] Love Thoughts

  • Karen Pennington
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 15, 2000
      I must apologize to all who've already read this; but
      I liked it so much, I just had to pass it on. Love &
      Hugs, Karen

      Instructions for Life in the New Millennium
      from the
      Dalai Lama:

      Take into account great love and great achievements
      involve great risk.

      When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

      Follow the three R's: Respect for self / Respect for
      others / Responsibility for all your actions.

      Remember, not getting what you want is sometimes a
      wonderful stroke of luck.

      Learn the rules so you know how to break them
      properly.

      Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

      When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate
      steps to correct it.

      Spend some time alone every day.

      Open your arms to change but don't let go of your
      values.

      Remember silence is sometimes the best answer.

      Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older
      and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second
      time.

      A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for
      your life.

      In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the
      current situation. Don't bring up the past.

      Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
      immortality.

      Be gentle with the earth.

      Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

      Remember the best relationship is one in which your
      love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

      Judge your success by what you had to give up in order
      to get it.

      Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

      http://photos.yahoo.com/