A Prayer for America

  • Phoebe Miller
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2004
      Special Addendum to the Meditation Focus: Ensuring Fai
      This was sent to me and I want to share it with you.  Phoebe

      From: Gmakreas@...
      Date: 31 Oct 2004
      Subject: "A Prayer for America" - An American Asks for World's Spiritual Support on Nov 2

      "A Prayer for America"
      Then please return here to read my words, inspired by Dennis and by the urgency of the American election on Nov. 2, an urgency that asks for your spiritual support so that America can change its course from the preceding disastrous 4 years of fear, lies, greed, unilateralism, war, environmental destruction, and arrogance.

      ---

      Hello international friend,

      You do not know me, but I am an American, a native son who was raised with the undying belief in the freedom, liberty, democracy, and compassion that have been the birthright and hallmark of the great American experiment /country that my parents adopted as immigrants.

      I do not know you but I believe you are a good-hearted citizen of some foreign land who may have been raised in times past with an admiration for the United States of America. Most likely you are in disbelief and despair as you have witnessed the greatness that was the U.S.A. degenerate into a bullying disregard for the international community. You may even hate America for the past 4 years of its pre-emptive war tactics, its lying government, for its fear-mongering within its own borders and throughout the world.

      There are literally many, many tens of millions of U.S. citizens, today, right now, who do not approve of this government and are working mightily in every town and city to save our country and its democracy. Just know that we are united with each other in enthusiasm, registering new voters by the millions, making phone calls, sending emails, organizing on the city, county, and state levels - everywhere - to insure that on Nov. 2 our votes will produce a regime change in this country.

      You cannot vote in our election. But, if you are a person of faith, you can lend your spiritual support on Nov. 2 to ensure America undergoes a fair election where every vote is counted, where America changes its course and finds again its Heart and Soul to become the beacon of hope and vision that it once was to many people near and far.

      In New York Harbor stands Lady Liberty, the Statue of Liberty, a magnificent gift from our French friends. Her upraised torch still invites the Heavens to pour down their energies of freedom. The torch's flame has been dimmed since January, 2001, but not extinguished!

      Will you imagine a torch within your heart that is the Light, Love, and Power of the Creator? On Nov. 2, will you use the hands of your imagination to reach deep within this torch of your heart to gather a precious flame?  Will you fly in your imagination to New York Harbor and drop that flame into the Lady's torch of liberty and freedom? You may see untold numbers of your global neighbors there doing the same. Then will you imagine the torch, bursting with the renewal flames of a billion hearts, blazing forth in blinding glory to spread its Light over New York, over the United States to awaken its citizens as they choose the new direction of their country?

      Indeed, the entire world can then be seen to become suffused with that same torch Light, so that every dark corner is lit and every dark thought and action is redeemed. Renewed optimism and hope with visions of peace and prosperity for all humankind can blaze forth in all human hearts. Every one of you is needed. Each of you can make a difference in the outcome of our election through these uses of the creative imagination and through prayer, meditation, and holy ritual on Nov. 2.

      Just as America once served as a beacon of hope and liberty for millions of immigrants in their hour of need, I ask you now to come to America's aid in her hour of need.

      I do not know you, but I do love you and thank you.

      Kosta Makreas
      California, United States of America