Fw: To Share Angel Wisdom Message for Today

  • Patti Garrett
    Message 1 of 79 , Nov 1, 2004

        Hello everyone on this beautiful fall day:

      I feel like I have been away for a week as I was not able to send  out my messages on either Saturday or Sunday, due to having an exceptionally busy day both days.  Then today I had an appointment at 8:45 a.m. which meant I had to get up at 6:30 a.m. to catch the shuttle bus at 7:45 a.m.  However, would you believe that I set every clock back in my house except one--which was the one I used to wake me up this morning.  So that means that I ended up getting up at 5:30 a.m. instead of 6:30 a.m.  Once I am awake, I cannot go back to sleep so I am up for the day.  But I do have to say that getting up that early makes for a very long day, since I never go to bed until 2 or 3 or even 4 a.m.

      However, one good thing about getting up so early is that maybe I will be able to get a lot of my unread e-mails red and caught up.  I guess I can hope anyway.  Of course, knowing, I may just get more tired than I think I will and will not be able to stay on-line as long as I want to, but I'm gonna give it my best shot and stay on-line as long as is possible.  Be that as it may, I am just so very glad to be back again and be able to send out these great messages, which I miss so much when my life gets too busy and confusing to have time to read, and share, them daily.

      The angel wisdom words for today are 'Time to Go,' or when someone in our life leaves us because it is their time to go.

      I used this stationery because it shows Raphael's Angel all the way across it, and I used this graphic of Archangel Michael because in a lot of the research I did into angels when I was writing my Doctoral thesis on angels, I was told that we should call on both Michael and Raphael for comfort when someone is dying.  I don't have a graphic of Raphael, but I did remember this one which I think I got from one of Jag's writings.  Again, if I am wrong about my resource, please let me know and I will correct my statement.  Do keep in mind that I still have over 700 e-mails unread in my in-box, so if I don't respond to your message immediately, just know that as soon as I get around to reading it, I will correct my error.

      However, if you really want to catch my attention, make the message high priority, and I will respond as soon as I see it in my in-box,

      Then, in addition to using an Elvis midi as much as I can, I used this one because when we lose a loved one, whether it is a person or a beloved pet, I believe that we can always be comforted by feeling God's hand in ours in order to help make it through all the pain and suffering of losing someone (or something) we love so much.

      "An Angel Reminder:  Like the trains of Mussolini's Italy, death is always on time.  (And this again reminds us hat everything happens when it is supposed to, according to God's plan for each of our lives!)

      "If you have ever watched 'The Twilight Zone,' you know that death comes not in terror but in gentleness, and always on time.  Episode after episode of that remarkable series, which is high on the angels' must-see list, depicts death either in the form of a compassionate, understanding being who comes to free us or a persistent figure who inevitable presence we must accept.  In his book 'Zen Flesh, Zen Bones,' Paul Reps tells the story of a precocious young boy who broke one of his teacher's mot cherished possessions, an antique cup of great value.  Fearing the teacher's wrath, the boy pondered what he should do.  When the teacher came in, the boy said, 'Master, why do people have to die?'

      "'Because it is a part of the natural process,' the teacher replied.  'Everything has its allotted time on earth.'

      "'Well, then,' said the boy, handing the teacher the pieces of his precious cup, 'it was time for your cup to die.'

      "If you have been faced with the loss or impending loss of someone (or something) dear to you, imagine that this was or is that person's time to go.  It is the right time, the perfect time, according to what we are told in the Bible.  The best way to send your loved one on is to release him or her in peace and total trust toe expert care of the angels.

      "An Angelic Reflection: I accept the timing of the universe in death as well as in life."

      I know that when we go through losing someone, the last thing on our mind is that we need to release them in peace and total trust.  All we know is that our heart is breaking and our lives will never be the same, and we can find no amount of acceptance of the loss anywhere in us.  That, then, is when we have to turn our cares and our sadness and our pain over to a higher power, whoever you deem that higher power to be and look for comfort and answers there.  The old saying, 'It is always darkest just before the dawn,' would probably apply here because when a person is in the throes of grief, that is all they can see.  I guess that is when we have to call on our faith and our trust in a higher power to help us get through everything we are feeling and someday, with a lot of help from our higher power and our friends, we will be able to accept what has happened and realize that while we do not understand when we had to lose that person or that pet, God does.  We also need to understand that everything that happens in our lives happens according to God's plan for our lives, and that the things we do not understand now, we will understand--someday.

      I figure that some of you are like me in that there are some things that happen in life that I never completely understand and maybe death is one of those things for me.  Even though I do know that it is a part of the natural process, someone or something close to me that dies still hurts and fills me with great sadness.  So when this happens to someone or something I love, I find that the only way I can deal with it is to call on God and His angels and ask them for as much help and comfort as I need to get through the experience to allow me to get through the experience accepting that it happened because it was supposed to.  Even doing that and believing as I do about death not being an ending but just going to a different dimension and even believing in reincarnation, I sometimes wonder if I will ever get to a point where I really can accept death as part of the natural process.  I have to admit that I have not been able to do so yet, but maybe I will someday.

      Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

      Patti

    • Patti Garrett
      Message 79 of 79 , Dec 28, 2004

        Hello everyone:

        I could not find an appropriate angel for today, so I just decided to use this stationery with the angels on the side, and this song -- Words -- because it reminds me a lot of 'Right Speech' which are the angel wisdom words for today.  Have you ever had something happen to you in your life, usually something miraculous or spiritual, when there just did not seem to be the right words to say?  We do have only  a certain amount of words, and those are what we have to use, but we should always be sure that we use the right speech and that our words are impeccable because what we say really becomes a way for people to know who we are.  So we must always be sure to have the 'Right Speech.'

        That said, let me get to the message for today.

        "An Angel Reminder:  We should regard our words as instruments of healing.

        "According to the Buddhist principle of right speech, one should always know when to speak the truth and when to refrain from speaking it, in order to spare someone unnecessary hurt.  The intention of right speech is to make sure our words are used only in a helpful, not a harmful manner, which involves speaking at all times with discretion and compassion.  Of course, we will find right speech difficult to practice if, like most humans, we indulge in the fascinating activities of gossiping about, judging, analyzing, criticizing, condemning and advising others.  Right speech is also a challenge if we are convinced that we can clean up the world with the mop and pail of our knowledge and opinions.  In other words, right speech involved a certain degree of deflation.  'When we become conscious of how and when we use or d don't use words and the effects of our choices on others, we are compelled to turn out attention inward rather than outward -- to become interested in our own behaviors and motivations as we work to master the difficult, delicate art of looking before we speak (much like looking before we leap!).

        "Become conscious of how you use words.  Try practicing the art of right speech for just one  day, refraining from talking about and judging or condemning or criticizing others or saying anything that could hurt someone unnecessarily.  Notice how your thinking and listening skills increase as your verbal activities decrease.

        "An Angelic Reflection:  I choose my words with care, knowing that they will take root in the minds and hearts of others.

        And one more thing to remember is that words are like arrows, once they are released they cannot be taken back.  In addition, we should always be careful with our words today because we never know when we might have to eat them tomorrow.

        To each of you special and beautiful people, I hope you are having a wonderful and joy-filled day.