Fw: Just to Touch Base with All of You Quickly

  • Patti Garrett
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2004

      Hello everyone:

      I just wanted to let all of you know that I am just about to take a rest, as I have been on-line since about 6:30 a.m. this morning when I woke up to go to the bathroom and found out that my son was not home.  I learned, when he got home at about 10 a.m., that he had been staying with a friend who had gotten fired last night, a friend he was afraid might in trouble if left alone last night, so he opted to stay with her all night--on her couch.  When I said a friend, that is what I meant--she really is just a friend to him.  But he is such a caring person that he could not bear to leave her alone because she was so upset.

      However, even though I still may not have time to write messages to everyone who wrote me in the past few days, I did want to share something I learned about my incoming messages with all of you.

      I was concerned about receiving over 1900 messages in five days until I just discovered what had happened during that time.  For the days of Sept. 28, 29 and 30th, I received double copies of all of the messages from all of my yahoogroups (of which I think I belong to at least ten of them, if not more, one of which is this group).  In addition, I received four copies of the messages from some of the group leaders.

      I just finished going through all of them and deleted the double messages and with that and all I have deleted since I got on-line this morning, I now have only 1,083 left unread, a far cry from the over 19,800 I started with this morning.

      I was beginning to think that if got that many messages in five days, I was going to have to quickly unsub from some of my groups and was wondering how in the world I could do that when I love them so much.  So I am so very glad I found the problem.  What I found really ironic is that those were the only days this has
      happened.  Since then, I have only been getting single messages from everyone, and now that I have gotten rid of all the extra messages, this makes my inbox look a whole lot better, and seem a whole lot safer and less likely to crash yet again.

      So as some of you said earlier, I think this was most definitely a yahoo groups problem because that was the only groups in my inbox that were affected.  I just hope the matter is now resolved because it has really taken me a lot of time to figure out what the problem was and to finally get my inbox down to where it should be.

      For now, then, I just wanted to be sure to take time to enjoy your day.  And to tell you that if I can find a way to get my head to ease a little (and I know a couple of you mentioned ways to help me which I appreciate very much, and the suggestions did include using immunics which I belong to but have never really had time to get into as I should, especially over the past few weeks when it really started to bother me on a daily basis) and can take a rest for a while, I may just be have time to be back on and respond to some of the wonderful messages that have been going out among the group members over the past few days.  At least things are looking a whole lot better for me than they did yesterday and early this morning.

      I wish for each of you special earth angels here in the United States a very beautiful and special fall day, filled with promise and hope, and for those friends in foreign lands, may your day be special as well, whatever time of the year it is for you.

      May your day be touched by love in some special way today, may you encounter some wonderful surprises, and may you always feel the presence of God and His angels all around you, guiding you, guarding you, protecting you and loving you.

      I will hold each of you in my heart and in my thoughts until the next time I am on-line and can once again be part of this special group of wonderful and beautiful people--all of whom are earth angels to me.

      Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

      Patti