Fw: [Hafiz] Your gestures

  • Polly
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2002

      All I want is to be near you
      Praise God for this desire,
      and let it intensify!

      Priests and elders have a different view.
      "Drunken sots", they call us lovers.

      People with nothing that they want,
      let them live their dim righteousness.

      Darling, my soul separated from you,
      has no words but weeping.

      The cypress tries to hold your gestures.
      The moon, your look.

      Hafiz does not much care anymore
      for evening discourse or morning prayer,

      when there's some small chance
      you'll lean down to kiss.

      'The Hand of  Poetry' Inayat Khan/Coleman Barks
      Omega publications 1993.