Power vs. Force

  • IX JAGUAR L.I.G.H.T.
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2004

      Power vs. Force

      by David Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D.,
      (excerpted from Power vs. Force)

      To explain that which is simple is difficult indeed.” So begins Power vs. Force, the breakthrough book by David Hawkins, M.D., Ph.D. Over three decades of consciousness research have resulted in both the verification of spiritual principles and a clearer view of the path to enlightenment.

      Having begun work in psychiatry in 1952, Dr. Hawkins became a renowned lecturer and expert on mental processes. After building an extensive psychiatric practice in New York and appearing on such national shows such as The MacNeil/Leher News Hour and The Today Show, Dr. Hawkins experienced a progressive and fatal illness which took him to the brink of death. His total surrender to God brought him to “a transformation of such enormity…” one that was totally beyond words.

      “The incredible beauty of all things shone forth in all their perfection, and where the world saw ugliness, I saw only timeless beauty. I spent years in inner silence, and the strength of the Presence grew. I had no personal life; my personal will no longer existed; I was an instrument of the Infinite Presence, and I went about and did as it willed. People felt an extraordinary peace in the aura of that Presence. Seekers sought answers from me, but as there was no such individual as David any longer, I saw what they were doing was finessing answers from their own Self, which was not different from mine.

      “The miraculous happened, beyond ordinary comprehension. Many chronic maladies from which I had suffered for years disappeared; my eyesight spontaneously normalized and I no longer needed my lifetime bifocals. Occasionally I would feel an exquisitely blissful energy, and Infinite Love, suddenly begin to radiate from my heart toward the scene of some calamity. Once I was driving on a highway when this exquisite energy began to beam out of my chest; as I rounded a bend, there was an auto accident, the wheels of the upturned car still spinning. The energy passed with great intensity into the occupants of the car and then stopped of its own accord.

      “Patients came from every country in the world, and some were the most hopeless of the hopeless. Grotesque, writhing, wrapped in wet sheets for transport from faraway hospitals, they came hoping for treatment for advanced psychoses and grave, incurable mental disorders. Some were catatonic; many had been mute for years. But in each patient, beneath the crippled appearance, I clearly saw the shining essence of love and beauty, perhaps so obscured to ordinary vision that he or she had become totally unloved in the world.

      “But the work became increasingly taxing, eventually overwhelming. It felt that there must be some way to address the causes of the common malaise, the endless stream of spiritual distress and human suffering.

      “When I first encountered kinesiology, I was instantly amazed at the potential I saw. It was the ‘wormhole’ between two universes — the physical world, and the world of the mind and spirit — an interface between dimensions. In a world full of sleepers lost from their Source, here was a tool to recover, and demonstrate for all to see, that lost connection with the higher reality.

      “After testing every substance, thought, and concept I could think of, I realized it was time to leave my life in New York with its Fifth Avenue apartment and estate on Long Island; I had discovered something more important. I left that world and everything in it and took up a reclusive life in a small town where the next seven years were spent in meditation and study.

      “But overpowering states of bliss would return unsought, and eventually, I realized that I had to teach myself to be in the Divine Presence and still function in the world. I started reading the paper and watching television to catch up on the story, who was who, and the nature of the current social dialogue.

      “And so, after a long, circular journey of the spirit, I returned to the most important work, which is to bring the Presence that has moved my life perhaps at least a little closer to the grasp of as many of my fellow beings as I can reach.”

      Dr. Hawkins is the director of The Institute for Advanced Theoretical Research. Dr. Hawkins is also author of, Power vs. Force, The Eye of the I, and I: Reality and Subjectivity, as well as a new book which will be out soon, Truth vs Falsehood. Further information about Dr. Hawkins, his books, tapes, lecture schedule and radio interviews go to: www.veritaspub.com . He will be in Las Vegas, November 13. Call: 1-866-488-6489 or to register: www.unitygv.org .