Stories that Coach: You Might as Well Go Fishing

  • ixjaguarlight
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2004
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      You Might as Well Go Fishing
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      A keen immigrant Indian marwari lad applied for a salesman's job at a
      London's premier downtown department store. In fact it was the biggest store
      in the world - you could get anything there.

      The boss asked him, "Have you ever been a salesman before?" "Yes, I was a
      salesman in Rajasthan", said the lad.

      The boss liked the cut of him and said, "You can start tomorrow and I'll
      come and see you."

      The day was long and arduous for the young man, but finally 5:00p.m came
      around. The boss duly fronted up and asked, "How many sales did you make
      today?"

      "One" said the young salesman.

      "Only one?" blurted the boss. "Most of my staff make 20 or 30 sales a day.
      How much was the sale worth?

      "Three hundred thousand, three hundred and thirty four pounds" said the
      young marwari.

      "How did you manage that?" asked the flabbergasted boss.

      "Well," said the salesman "This man came in and I sold him a small fish
      hook, then a medium hook and finally a really large hook. Then I sold him a
      small fishing line, a medium one and a huge big one. I asked him where he
      was going fishing and he said down the coast. I said he would probably need
      a boat, so I took him down to the boat department and sold him that twenty
      foot schooner with the twin engines.

      Then he said his Volkswagon probably wouldn't be able to pull it, so I took
      him to the car department and sold him the new SUV." The boss took two steps
      back and asked in astonishment, "You sold all that to a guy who came in for
      a fish hook."

      "No" answered the salesman, "He came in to buy a box of Sanitary napkins and
      I said to him, "As it is Your weekend, you might as well go fishing."
    • savitrica
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
        How intelligent!!
        I liked it.