HAPPY MONDAY

  • slivermoon22@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2004
      AOL Email
      When we cry for help....

      When, in a moment of despair, we reach out to others for help, of any kind, there is a risk that help may come. Help arrives in many ways. That's because we are all different. We come with different perspectives, and histories, and dreams, and such. When we reach out to others, outside ourselves, we invite the love in their hearts. People "care" in different ways, for different reasons. If you are not able and willing to open to the sincere soul energy in another, at any  point in time, then it is not wise to look in the world for solutions.

      We do not get to decide how people will come to our side. To dictate that in advance is an Ego set up for total failure. It works every time.

      You might say to someone, " I need you to just sit and listen to me ok?"  But, what if they cannot? What if they express their hearts to you even though you wished not to experience it. What if they cannot help themselves but to want to help in another way. In their way. What then? Whose at fault for the exchange?
      When someone is drowning and calling for help, the life guard jumps in the water and gets wet from head to toe. They do not stand on the beach and say, " Uh-huh - tell me more, I'm just listening.."  I know this is an exaggerated example, but you get the point.

      We cannot know how people will truly respond to us. Even those who say and do nothing, have thoughts that are indeed powerful. Please do underestimate this. Many people silently ponder the idiocy in another, and feel it's perfectly acceptable because they have not said it out loud, or acted in way as to indicate their thoughts. Thoughts are no less powerful than words. Believe it. Our world is built on it. So, when you invite help from another, you also invite their private thoughts.

      If you do not want the variety of help that is alive in the glorious world of creative energy, then it is my humble opinion that one might only go deeply within. This is where answers are found. Friendship is lovely. But it comes on equal terms. Accept in others the way they wish to be your friend. If one does not wish a certain brand of friendship, they should find another brand. Many are available.

      There are many hundreds of wonderful parables that have been written by wise and caring minds, often in response to a problem someone was having. Thank goodness, they did not choose to sit quietly by and just listen. They reached into their Highest Mind and spoke their hearts. In so doing, many millions of people are inspired even to this very day.

      When you ask for any kind of help, outside yourself, it is wise to release your expectations of what will come. When you ask God for help, it is also best to surrender to her solution. She may not help you in the way you would have asked. In fact, she may bring to you a situation where someone you loathe gives you the answer you are seeking.

      If you are going to look in the world for help, take what comes, resonate or not. If you cannot accept people for who they are and what they bring, then it is best not to engage them. If you do engage them, and what you get back triggers more angst, please do not blame them for your pain. be grateful someone cares enough about you to listen, and engage in the way that is true to their own soul.

      Blessings, Sheree

    • slivermoon22@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 9, 2004
        AOL Email
        First Impressions

        Our long term perceptions of people are often made with first and second impressions. Gosh, when I seriously consider this, it is mind boggling.
        First of all, I have been mistaken for a sweet, old fashion Mommy type by those that meet me for the first time, in person. While there is a part of me that could be described that way, it is not too close to the main mark. My husband describes me as a combo of Ellen DeGeneres (the comedian), Katherine Hepburn (the actress) and Ross Perot (the politician). I would agree on this in large part. I often wonder how strangers could perceive me in certain ways. Usually, when they get to know me, they laugh at their first impressions.

        I don't wish to be summed up in a handshake, or a chat on the soccer field. I am never a 3 D movie in front of people I do not know well. I am polite, kind, and try to be personable.  But, that is just one tiny aspect of a huge picture. Unfortunately, people make their assumptions about me in first and second impressions and feel a need to hold me there. Why is that? When they see that I am also a little wild and crazy, or very passionate about some things, it is sometimes difficult for people to make the switch, or allow for the larger person. Plus, there is a general feeling I suspect, that anyone my age is matured by now and isn't such a goof. But, I am all of these things. All of them at certain times, with certain people, in certain circumstances. I am never all things all at one time.

        I wish we could allow the space for people to unfold (good and bad) in front of us over a longer period of time. A lifetime perhaps. I wish we could throw away the files we keep in our heads, that categorize people and keep them stuck in first impressions.

        I wish we wouldn't experience shock at someone's behavior, only because we didn't allow for a full bodied spirit.

        I wish we could see a person for the first time and automatically acknowledge that what we are seeing is a tiny fraction of who they are.

        I wish we could really understand that there is joy AND sadness in everyone we meet. There is hope AND despair, love AND hate, war AND peace. We are so much of every thing. I wish we could know this and accept this, and let it be ok for ourselves, and everyone else.

        I wish people wouldn't take responsibility for who I am.

        I may be something in 1989 and something very different in 2004, but people might mistake that for something it is not. Perhaps I have changed a bit; evolved a bit. Some might think, "Oh my, she has really gone off the deep end since we saw her last!" Yet, they no nothing about my journey, and how, or why I got to where I am. They make an assumption based only the last few interactions with me, even if these took place 10 years earlier. They do not know about my teen's mental illness, or my husband's deep depression, or the death of my baby, or the times I cried to sleep at night. They do not know that rainbows and waterfalls save my life. They do not know that a beautiful rose can take my breath away. They do not know that even with all of this, I am remarkably happy. They do not know how I pray deeply each day and follow my own heart, wherever that takes me. People make assumptions, that are often incorrect.

        And, I have done the same. I have done all of these things. I see it first in me.

        On this day, may we all open our hearts to a deeper, more profound love of ourselves, and others. May we allow for the larger person, over a lifetime.
        May we accept, love and forgive all things in one another.

        Love, Sheree
      • Ilanalotus
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9, 2004
          Dear Sheree,

          I have been reading your posts with appreciation for the past weeks and I want to tell you how much I love reading them.

          My computer has been on and off for a long time and hopefully this post gets to this list.

          With Appreciation and Love,
          Irena

          "Don't ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."

          Harold Whitman

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • slivermoon22@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 16, 2004
            AOL Email
            Look Around You

            Human Beings present to the world in a variety of ways. Some are physically beautiful, some not. Some are financially wealthy, some not. Some drive fancy cars, some don't even have a car. Some are polite, some are bossy. Some are sassy and some are reserved. Some are athletic, some are couch potatoes. Some are happy, some are raging.

            There is absolute beauty and truth in all of them.

            We really have no idea where joy, peace and beauty are found, if we are judging where they are found. Why not: Beauty is in All. God created nothing but beauty because God is perfect love, and so are we as his creation. How does perfect love churn out imperfect creation? It doesn't. It only looks like it does, and this perception is why we feel disconnected.
            How one presents, for whatever reason, is not their whole beingness.

            We like to think we know where beauty can be found, where peace can be found, where joy can be found. Has anyone here found perfect peace and joy with all the maps floating around?

            Beauty, peace, and joy is found in All of Light's creations. Even the humans that present themselves with adornments, or the humans that present with violence, and the humans that present with depression, or the humans that present with corruption. The Sun shines on all. Source makes no distinction, no judgments, no matter how hard one tries to curry favor with service and charity. No one living thing is better than another in the eyes of Light. I am glad this is so. Takes the pressure off.

            This recognition is extremely difficult to absorb if you are experiencing abuse in any way. My heart goes out to you. This message may bring little comfort. I understand. It is my sincere hope that you will make yourself safe. You deserve perfect joy.

            Beauty, Peace and Joy can be found wherever you are, whoever you're with and in whatever you're doing. If this becomes challenging, simply bow humbly to your Higher Self and ask for loving eyes and fresh direction.

            Of course, there is violence and tragedy that is nearly impossible to look upon with loving eyes. But, how did our world become so violent to begin with? Someone, somewhere, decided someone else was not worthy, or their path to God was all wrong. That hurts. That has energetic power. That manifests. When you see an unloving world you are seeing what your Ego wants you to see. You Ego likes it here, and has no interest in dissolving into nothingness. Your Ego has set up camp in hell and loves the weather.

            So,  here we are now, in this collective moment, with a huge challenge before us. All we can do is begin anew and ask perfect Light to make all future judgments about who/what is worthy. My bet is that Source will say that all  are worthy. If you take this on, I can promise a healing of great magnitude.

            May we not invest in the human maps to find peace, beauty and joy. May we invest in God's map that clearly states, "Look around you. It is everywhere."

            Sheree Rainbolt-Kren
            (c) 2004