Happiness

  • nachiketan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2004
      Happiness is not something that happens to you. It is something you choose.
      - Author Unknown

    • nachiketan@sify.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23, 2005

        I was browsing TV channels and saw this advertisement of Desperate Housewives....A Indian film star of yesteryears was speaking about this serial. Something she said stuck the cord..She said that women spend most of their lives wanting to be loved.

        I guess its true for most of the women that I know..and it also stands for all of us..behind the want of success, and name for ourselves..what we want in real is a place where we would be loved at all times..

        Women aren't alone to be desperate..we all are..wanting to reach somewhere, someplace..in hope that this chase will answer questions to our life once and for all..that one day we will make it..

        As a child I used to wonder how people spend all their lives to build a reputation for themselves..and then when they have some real time to enjoy it..they become so used to this chase that they cant stop..and in most cases..they become too old to enjoy any of what they have created with all of their lifes effort and time..

        Someone like me is chasing the idea of Lasting peace. We are constantly looking for the things that we want in our life..holding on to the images and fixed notions that we have about what we want out of our life..sometimes happiness arrives in our life..like a child and sits in our lap..but we are too busy..preoccupied..with ourselves..and its only when we go tired of the chase..that we come to know of those fragrant moments that slipped through our hands..

        I hope Today You will take some time out for yourself and appriciate that you are healthy(even within whatever illnesses that you maybe having)and alive..

        Today find a something that makes you Happy and Enjoy It!!

        Much Love & Hugs,

        Nachi

        "Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn't stop to enjoy it."

        William Feather
        1889-1981, Writer

      • B K
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2006
          Money Does Not Buy Much Happiness

          The Keys to Happiness, and Why We Don't Use Them http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/060227_happiness_keys.html

          Death Less Painful for the Rich http://www.livescience.com/humanbiology/050708_rich_death.html

          Do you Yahoo!?

          Open multiple messages at once with the all new Yahoo! Mail Beta.