Re: << lovingpurelove >> Beauty or Nothingness-an explanation

  • Hilary Starke
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2004
      I like this explanation very much.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

      Love and hugs to all

      Hils
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 3, 2004
        Hello Savitri:

        Like Hilary, I like the explanation you gave.  I guess I have little problem with saying 'nothing' because my minister in Washington used to tell us that we  came from 'nothingness' and that 'nothingness' (or as he used to say , 'No-Things-Ness') is what we should be striving for before we become completely enlightened.  I used to say that I was not there yet, because I have not yet gotten to the point where things don't matter to me, so when I hear a statement about Nothingness, I always have a slight problem with it.  But when you explain it like this, it is something I can deal with an understand.

        Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me and Hilary.

        Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

        Patti

        I like this explanation very much.  Thank you for sharing it with us.

        Love and hugs to all

        Hils
        Let me try to explain, what I understood about nothingness.
        We always try to be something acceptable to society: famous, rich,
        nice, loving or other labels which satisfy our ego before society
        and world. Are we satisfied if we dont have any such label, but we
        still are good persons in ourselves without any recognition from
        society/relatives/friends.

        Posting message to this list:

      • Spiritus Sanctus

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2004
            Dear Patti,
            Its true, its difficult to live without being something as we are
            taught to be something from our birth. But as I have learned from
            our holy scriptures that to be one with God, you need to forget
            yourself and your ego. you are away from Him till you think you are
            the incharge of your life and all the happenings in your life.

            Once, you believe that He is doer and you are just leading life at
            his will, you get closer to Him and all your pains and sufferings
            vanish. You feel very content and all desires subside in love of God.

            With lots of love,
            Savitri
            --- In lovingpurelove@yahoogroups.com, "Patti Garrett"

            of Service.