Re: << lovingpurelove >> Health stuff

  • caloradgal@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi Irena,

      Interesting that I have gotten some ads in the mail from Dr Lark recently.  I noted at the bottom of the article the suggestion of using Japanese Knotweed for arthritis.  Never heard of that in Chinese meds that I recall.  Since you use Oriental Medicine do you have any experience or info on this herb for that purpose by chance?

      Many thanks & blessings,

      Maria

      In a message dated 5/29/2004 10:55:31 PM Central Daylight Time, omahhung@... writes:
      Dear all,

      I found this on another list:

      These are excerpts taken from the website:
      http://www.drlark.com/order/women_wise_cures/wwc_page1.asp

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . TO LOSE WEIGHT

      A diet low in omega-3 leaves us feeling hungry again after
      2 or 3 hours, instead of 5 or 8. So these oils keep us slim.
      The smell of garlic, onions, and green apples, in particular,
      make women feel sated quickly. .....aromas of peppermint
      curb your cravings.

      Lots of water keeps you from getting so hungry

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . YOU AREN'T OVEREATING -
      . your insulin-response is out of whack!

      Stabilize your pancreas with 600 mg of alpha lipoic acid and
      20 mg of vanadium. Vitamin E sops up excess insulin like a
      paper towel.
      One quarter of a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (yes -the
      yellow box in your refrigerator!) works much better than
      cranberry juice for most women. Try it! Corrects the ph levels.
      Table salt does, too.

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      WOMEN ARE OMEGA-3 DEFICIENT
      . The problem is now at epidemic levels

      Omega-3 oils cannot be made by your body, so you have to
      get them from food or supplements. Lack of omega-3 has been
      linked to high-cholesterol, heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis,
      breast cancer, asthma, diabetes, insulin resistance, menstrual
      cramps, psoriasis, eczema and stroke!

      Telltale signs of omega-3 deficiency: cracks in your heel, flaky
      skin, dry hair, split or brittle nails or bumpy skin on the back of
      your arms.

      A diet low in omega-3 leaves us feeling hungry again after 2 or
      3 hours, instead of 5 or 8. So these oils keep us slim.
      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      FLAXSEED

      Flaxseed is bursting with nutrients that you can only get
      by eating - your body doesn't make them. It promotes
      progesterone production, fights bone loss, wards off cancer,
      protects you from heart disease, is a great source of fiber and
      it makes your hair, skin and the tissues of your bladder and
      vagina supple and moist. You can take flaxseed as oil, as a
      seed or as a powder.

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . YOU AREN'T FATIGUED
      . You are magnesium depleted

      "Nervous tension was relieved 89% of the time when
      magnesium nitrate was given one week premenstrually, and for
      the first 2 days of menstruation. Breast tenderness, headaches,
      weight gain were relieved."

      Stress makes you LOSE magnesium! When you are low on
      magnesium you can't produce prostaglandins, which promotes
      relaxation.
      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . YOU NEED POTASSIUM!

      Dramatically increase your daily intake of potassium! There
      are now hundreds of studies proving that potassium is as
      effective as blood pressure medication, and has none of the
      terrible side effects. In one study, the group taking potassium
      also had fewer strokes.

      You aren't weak -you don't have enough potassium. The benefits
      of 100-300 mg of potassium aspartate/day can be noticed in 10 days.

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . FOR THE HEART

      Cholesterol levels in men are an important risk factor. But
      75% of women with heart problems have low cholesterol!
      For women, the levels of "C-reactive protein" are much more
      significant. This is easily checked. Statin drugs rob you of the
      coenzyme Q10 women especially need to protect their hearts.

      * Supplements. Women need folic acid, vitamin B6, and
      coenzyme Q10 - deficiencies in these vital heart nutrients
      are significantly more common in women.

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . STRESS AND DIGESTION

      Stress hits women in the digestive tract. During high-stress
      times reach for these herbs and spices:

      Fennel prevents gas.
      Coriander seeds ease gas.
      Cilantro tones up your digestion.
      Black pepper helps you digest dairy foods.
      Turmeric helps your liver work more efficiently.
      Cardamom reduces mucous-forming effects of dairy foods.

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . YOU ARE NOT DEPRESSED -
      . you are depleted of amino acids

      The more stress you are under, the more neurotransmitters are
      released. Neurotransmitters are chemicals created by amino
      acids out of proteins from your diet. Their job is to relay
      electrical messages around your body. You can quickly deplete
      your store of these chemicals, which in turn causes more
      stress -only this time the body cannot help itself. [you can get
      liquid aminos from the health food stores. Make sure it is the
      L form! ]

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . ANTIDOTE TO INSOMNIA

      Use a kidney bean to give yourself the best night's sleep of
      your life! Tape a kidney bean to the inside of your right wrist,
      three finger widths below the crease of your wrist. Now try
      to stay awake! You have just found one of the most powerful
      sleep-promoting points in Oriental medicine.

      If you doubt that it works, try it tonight, just before you go
      to sleep. My patients have been amazed and they've stopped
      taking their tranquilizers, sleeping pills, and antidepressants.

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . ALLERGIES

      Allergies are caused by over acidity. Combine one teaspoon of
      baking soda with a cup of spring water and 1000 mg of bromelain.

      <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . TO AVOID CANCER

      Without glutathione, toxins build up in your body and you
      quickly age and develop cancer.

      . <>*~~oOo~~>*<~~oOo~~*<>

      . HORMONES

      Pregnenlone is a natural sex hormone that boosts your
      short-term memory very effectively.

      But natural progesterone has been shown to increase bone
      density by an average of 15.4% -and increases of up to 30%
      are possible. What's more, these increases occurred regardless
      of age. ...................

      Scam watch: just because a cream lists "wild yam" on the
      label doesn't prove a thing. Wild yam can't be converted into
      progesterone in your body. And creams with mineral oil are
      useless, too. Mineral oil actually blocks progesterone from
      entering your tissues. ............

      Rebalance your hormones with these aromas. Fennel and anise
      trigger women's bodies to make estrogen. Use when you are
      estrogen-deficient. .............

      For hot flashes, a little peppermint or basil oil, sprinkled on a
      tissue and inhaled during the day quickly relieves symptoms.

      By the way, cedar combined with lavender and rubbed into the
      scalp promotes hair growth. Forty-four percent of a treatment
      group showed improvement in a recent study.

      You don't need pain killers for arthritis - it's a hormonal problem
      The healing properties of your own sex hormones can treat
      arthritis without the toxic side effects of painkillers. The
      treatment of arthritis, using Japanese knotweed, which mimics
      the effect of natural estrogen, has been shown to decrease
      swelling and pain and increase mobility very dramatically.

      Your body will restore its natural hormonal balance with
      a little help from a plant nutrient called diindolylmethane.

      As for Cod liver oil that we were talking about, I am now using
      Seven Seas High Strength which contains Omega 3.  For the past 2 nites, both my son and I have slept better :)  Was watching a documentary about how Omega 3 is great for children who seem uninterested in doing daily chores and homework, but after Omega 3, began to have a boost of positive energy!  Wow!

      My question is :  how many vitamins do we have to take?  It feels like I eat more vitamins than food!  Oh, and after taking the Omega 3, I do eat less!

      It's a beautiful Sunday in Hong Kong :)

      with Love,
      Irena

      Posting message to this list:

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Patti Garrett
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2004
        Hello Maria:

        I noticed in this message that you mention receiving mail from Dr. Lark.  Does she have a website that anyone can subscribe to, and if she does, could you please share the link with all of us?

        I am very impressed with her work, and her messages.  In fact, it was a message from her that helped me get off of Premarin, but it was a message someone shared with me, not one I got on my own.

        Consequently, I would love to join her website and receive messages from her on a regular basis, if you would be so kind as to share her e-mail address with us.

        Thank you and have a wonderful day.

        Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

        Patti