Re: << lovingpurelove >> Just to double check this email address

  • Spiritus Sanctus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
      Here are the home addresses of the Habitat Board of Directors, just in case  inner guidance directs to send letters to any one of them:

      Richard Dubose
      314 Inman Dr.
      Decatur, Ga. 30330

      Larrie Del Martin
      1665 noble Dr.
      Atlanta, ga. 30306

      Dianne Whitley Blaikie       [secretary]
      1359 Sheffiled Glen Way
      Atlanta, Ga. 30329

      Craig L. McGill    [treasurer]
      6838 Wynbrooke Cove
      Stone Mountain, Ga 30087

      Lynn W. Merrill
      335 Riverhill Dr.
      Atlanta, ga 30328

      Joe Ruf
      2160 Briarlake Trace
      Atlanta, Ga. 30345

      Alan Arnold         [Fundraising Chair]
      3054 Peachtree Dr. NE
      Atlanta, ga 30305

      John Mccoll
      3300 Rockingham Dr. NW
      Atlanta, Ga. 30327

      Phillip A. Bradley    [General Counsel]
      1925 Ponce de leon Ave
      Atlant, Ga. 30307

      Adrienne Findley
      4412 Club Dr. NE
      Atlanata, Ga 30030

      Dan Maddox
      135 Forest Breeze Cove
      Alpharetta, Ga. 30022

      Dan Pattillo Jr.
      4235 West Club Lane
      Atlanta, Ga 30315

      G. Amanda Eskridge
      807 Crestland Dr.
      Smyrna, Ga. 30080

      Jack Senterfitt    [Chair]
      949 Plymouth Rd.
      Atlanta, Ga. 30306

      Steve Horn
      125 Milano Dr.
      Atlanta, Ga. 30331

      Art McClung
      5775 Orly Terrace
      College park, Ga. 30349

      Melanie Platt
      929 Clifton Rd. NE
      Atlanta, Ga. 30307

      Sue Wieland
      3245 Nancy Creek Rd.
      Atlanta, Ga. 30327-1905

      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
        Look - I know I am being good and everything else today - however - when my curiosity is aroused then anything may will and possibly could happen.

        1.    Why would we want to send letters to any of them?
        2.    If you want ME to send letters to any of them - which I am quite happy to do as I am going to get a secretary any day now - then email addresses would be helpful.
        3.    What is it, exactly, that you want to say?
        Oh no - just remembered something else - are you all related to Jag?

        Also - am considering campaign of writing letters of my own - mainly concerned with small children and the appropriate coping mechanisms therefor.  Have had several(!) good ideas today - well, ideas, which I think are GOOD IDEAS - and if anybody with time on their hands ( which will be an interesting thing to observe  ) would like to take this further - telepathy is the best thing at this house - if you can get a word in edgeways - which I doubt - being faillible - because I can't - IB being so like me at the moment I really cant tell the difference - no more meandering here - the shopping channel is probably tickling me as we communicate - but they are GOOD INVENTIONS - all welcome!

        Loving you distractedly tonite because I just don't know what else to do - well I do - but, well, no - might be feasible after all ......

        Loving you anywhichway

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
          Hilary,

          We don't have their email addresses.  We had to get a copy of their 501-C nonprofit organization form to get these home addresses.  The board is very hard to reach.

          If you decide to write a letter to express your support for protecting the urban tree canopy, especially in this 11 acre forest in Lakewood Heights, it would help the board members realize that what they are doing is not secret, that some people are watching. Some folks act somewhat more responsibly and caringly when they realize that other people are watching and listening, that there are witnesses.

          Habitat's public and official policy is to work hand in hand with the neighborhoods in which their projects are built.  In spite of numersous verbal assurances that our concerns would be respected, we were amazed, when they moved into our area of town, to find that this good public image was far different from the reality that we faced meeting after meeting, when our concerns were not addressed.

          The idea that Habitat must cram houses into every nook and cranny is a dangerous “old paradigm” that threatens the health and quality of life of every person who lives in Atlanta.  We are attempting to help them see that it is not necessary to harm the many while benefitting a few.

          Our suggestions would save significant numbers of full grown trees and build-in natural green space into the project, thus increasing the value of the houses and their appeal to prospective buyers as well as to the community.  It would partially preserve our tree “buffer zone” which we have always enjoyed.

          We have been designated an “economically depressed” neighborhood, but the one thing we have always had going for us is our clean air.  In the 2002 Morehouse School of Medicine, 3-month-long, daily Survey of Air Quality here in Atlanta, we in Lakewood Heights had one third the pollution of any other part of the city, except on windy days when every monitoring station was the same. In spite of being located only a few blocks away from I-85/75, and not far from the Ford Taurus plant and other polluters, our clean air is due to the remaining forests and green spaces which we enjoy.  Lakewood has been granted historical status partially because of our green space. That is one of the main reasons why, in all our meetings, we have voted unanimously to totally oppose this subdivision as it is currently designed.  We are very protective of our trees and air quality and have expressed that same idea to Habitat before, to no avail. In view of the fact that our Atlanta infrastructure is already antiquated and overburdened, and more development will make it worse (sewers, schools, roads, etc.), it seems that asking Habitat to at least respect our tree cover would not be asking too much, for the benefit of those who buy the Habitat homes as well as current residents of Lakewood, and ultimately everyone in our city.  We are not asking them not to build, we are asking them not to clear cut, to leave the housing lots forested.  I hope this sheds a little more light on the subject.

          Only write if you feel guided to do it.  Even just a few letters will encourage the board to consider how important  this paradigm shift is in the public domain, and to realize that their decisions are open to the public.

          With love,

          Cynthia

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 1, 2004
            Oh fear not - I love writing letters and can normally pull a few heartsrtrings along the way - Atlanta has a very special place in my heart and I can see that this is a good thing.  I had thought that habitat was to do with Mr Conran's store (Superwoman's husband) and as I have a lot of good ideas on hand and a relatively free day tomorrow (well that really isn't accurate but cards and presents are vaguely to hand) - I might write a few letters = being a woman of many words, some of them accurate - and a tree lover non pareil - I am only too delighted to help.  May I come and visit when I get there?  I have one father one husband three dogs ten(ish) cats and a mother in law - so we wont take up much room.  If this is too much then we will bring tents.  I 4C chartering a plane anyway so maybe we can kip there.

            Have a great one - actually have just realised that this is all dealt with - so for your highest good and of all - you give me a great many good ideas and I am most APPRECIATIVE thereof - by the way - send Cyrus my love.  I have taken to reading his forecasts a day or so later - and do you know they are still amazingly accurate.  The man has a gift - and a tea lover to boot.

            I am now having audio challenges on my speakers - but we rise to those on all occasions that we lay down (the law usually, but am not into that these days)

            Love and will give up verbal ...........

            Hugs

            Hisl