Re: [lovingpurelove] I have a poem

  • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 12, 2000
      Ohhh, Ron! Thank you for sharing that with us, that's so beautiful, so
      true! I feel those bonds of friendship reaching out from my heart to
      you and everyone here. The internet is such a blessing, where we can
      meet so many wonderful people and form bonds of love and caring across
      the miles, filling our hearts with new joy and hope! Please, please
      Ron, don't let a few unkind people take away this joy of sharing.
      Refuse to worry about them at all -- it really doesn't matter what they
      think. Concentrate on us, your friends who love sharing with you, and
      don't give the unkind ones a second thought.
      I live in Amish country in Pennsylvania, and have known many
      wonderful Amish people. Have you ever tried their cooking? Mmmmm -
      yummy!
      Love,
      JoAnn

      http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry
    • pmenendez@myexcel.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 12, 2000
        Dear JoAnn & Ron & Everyone,

        Yes, Ron, thank you so much for sending the friendship poem. I could
        feel the strong bond of love and friendship in my heart and soul.

        JoAnn, you've spoken some about your home, and I've been thinking of
        asking people where they live. I'm in small community north of San
        Francisco by two hours. We are a small valley, about 40 miles from
        Pacific Ocean as the crow flies, redwoods are nearby, and Sacramento
        over to the east by about 3 hours. It is simply gorgeous here when
        everything is green. Our home has a southern exposure, and we have a
        marvelous view of the southern portion of the valley from the front
        deck we had built about 7 or 8 years ago. Back yard area is
        interesting, too, having two different levels separated by a slope.
        We're always making changes to that area, taking out and putting in
        trees, shrubs, flowers. And there is a flock of white doves that
        hang in the neighborhood, and I've been trying to coax them into
        feeding in my yard some of the time.

        Anyone who would like to share about their living environment, I
        would love to hear where you are residing.

        Loving regards, Polly
      • pattimaris1675@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 12, 2000
          Oh Ron, the poem was lovely ~
          Pattimari
        • pattimaris1675@aol.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 12, 2000
            I have a neighbor next door to me, my home in the Valley that is a charming
            Recluse~
            Now a dear friend~

            The Recluse He Is

            O' days of raw emotion
            when he moved in next door
            hiding behind bushes and trees
            upon my front appearances
            Gaping and peering
            waiting for me to leave

            'The Man' is all I knew
            The man spoke with nature,
            while living his recluse life,
            Musing in solitude, I often perceive
            Ringing of soft whistling was often heard
            from his way
            in the setting of each day

            Pure, with no unpleasing sadness to show
            conscious of a book in hand
            as he tip toed out to see if all was quiet
            to turn a twist at a sprinklers handle
            rapidly returning

            I unnoticeably watched him watch my every move
            trimming bushes,
            talking to flowers
            throwing out seeds to birds
            and nuts to squirrels
            brushing Mozart, my cat
            playing with Gretchen,
            my dog
            candid attention he observed
            each early hour
            and late afternoon

            Conscious of affecting thoughts
            and dear nearness whose presence soothes
            or elevates the Trust, intent to lighten
            Our spirits touched each day
            without a spoken word
            without a hello

            To these emotions, a smile
            soon was given in passing
            of the late hour
            A basket of bright brilliant colors
            was laid by the door while away
            an Orange, Apple, Peach~
            He looked upon return
            my way and smiled
            as he bite into the apple
            I smiled and he nodded

            O' from the soul we touched
            playing a song from the stereo
            loud to ring toward his door
            A turn he took
            playing his song
            loud enough to reach my door

            Then one day~
            an impulse took me away
            utterance in soft verse
            Hello to you today, I am Pattimari
            Of truth, of Grandeur, Beauty, Love, and Hope
            and Melancholy Fear subdued by Faith
            of blessed consolations in distress
            of moral strength, intellectual motion
            and power
            Of joy in its heights single
            community spread
            to two doors
            for a ring came back~
            Hello to you this day too, Richard

            Today we stand and talk
            to conscience full
            law supreme
            intelligence governs all
            We sing
            of books read
            we touched just last month
            by hand

            O' from earths holiest mood
            descended our highest heaven
            singing
            deep, aloft ascending, breathe in worlds
            to which we greet
            and met a region
            of song
            tallest of tall friendship
            touching of spirits
            beauty in its presence
            delicate spirits composed
            and now awaits upon the steps
            to greet with a hand
            to smile with a returned smile
            A gift of a rose
            a book,
            a plum,
            waits us always

            pattimari
            @2000
          • pattimaris1675@aol.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 12, 2000
              Hi JoAnn, Ron and Everybody,
              In answer to the request; I live on the Central Coast of California, where
              the sounds of ocean music roars near, 1,000's of tall Oak and Pine, plus Hugh
              Lemon Gum trees stand everywhere towering over wild flowers, and
              BoGunveilla(?) everywhere in its brilliant colors of reds, purples and pinks,
              sandy beaches, with Hugh cliffs of rock to stand on while looking out toward
              the ocean. In fact a Documentary was filmed on the nearby beach here with
              Disney Corp, where they set up teepees and made it look like the land of the
              pure and wild with Indians living on it.
              Our modest home here on the coast is just perfect for us to live comfortably
              and play in our garden; we built a water fall where a Buddha sets up near the
              top of it and a bird bath on the other side and thousands of rare Tropical
              Flowers and Plants all over the backyard surrounding grass in the middle of
              it all. There is an iron beach that I set on to see the breathless view,
              which is like the Irish Hills, they are rolling plush green hills with high
              peaking mountains in the way background, almost looking like snow up on the
              tops of them, however, as we all know, couldn't be because our temperature
              here is around 70 degrees all year long. On the back porch, it is like a
              jungle, with brilliant colors of plants and flowers of all kinds, same on the
              front porch..The front yard has another Buddha, a small fake stream and a
              bridge across it where Buddha sets and meditates, with plants and flowers
              everywhere.
              I am here most of the time, however, I also live in the valley in a 3,000 sq.
              ft. Home that is way too Hugh for me now that I am semiretired from my
              Therapy business, and have recently put it up for sell. It is an old
              Victorian Home with wrap around porch.
              Pattimari
            • JoAnnKite13@webtv.net
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 12, 2000
                Oh, Patti, your home and surroundings sound absolutely breathtaking!
                All that beautiful scenery, and all those exotic plants and trees!
                And here I am freezing in central Pennsylvania! But I love my home
                here on the mountain. We're at the very southeastern edge of the city,
                and our little brick home is on the last block before it turns into
                forest,. We often see wild animals in our yard, possums and squirrels,
                raccoons and even an occasional deer. My back yard is small but cozy,
                with several rose bushes and clumps of tiger lily, daffodil, sweet-pea,
                all in season, of course. My favorite room in my house, something I
                wanted my entire life, is my own little library. The windows look out
                onto the mountain behind the house, and every wall is filled with the
                books I love so much. My grandfather's cherry-wood desk is in one
                corner, and I have pictures of angels and unicorns all over. I love my
                little home here in the hills.
                Love,
                JoAnn

                http://community.webtv.net/JoAnnKite13/AlchemicalPoetry
              • Karen Pennington
                Message 7 of 12 , Dec 13, 2000
                  Patti, I had a dream I can still remember that
                  resonates with your poem. The dream impressed me so
                  much, I even started a story about it. Unfortunately,
                  I never finished it. But, I'm bad about starting
                  stories and then never being able to build them
                  through their essential stages to end up on a
                  publisher's door step. So, I just piddle with my
                  writing and dream of one day seeing something I've
                  written being read by someone who smiles and says just
                  like I did when I read your poem, " Wow, you know that
                  sounds just like my . . ." Love & Hugs, Karen---

                  http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                • Karen Pennington
                  Message 8 of 12 , Dec 13, 2000
                    Hi Ron and All. I just finished this poem and please
                    Ron let your Amish friend know there is someone in SC
                    who found the warmth of the poem especially welcome.
                    Love and Hugs to all, Karen

                    http://photos.yahoo.com/
                  • pattimaris1675@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Dec 13, 2000
                      Oh Karen, I would love to read your part-written story that reminds you of
                      the poem I wrote about the Reluse. Perhaps one day you will get it to the
                      Publisher's doorstep, and when that day comes, please let me know and I shall
                      help you with it. My husband, has written 17 books and is in the process of
                      his 18th, while I am on my first, although my daughter took my poems and had
                      them published for my birthday years ago.
                      Love,
                      Pattimari~
                    • Karen Pennington
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 16, 2000
                        I appreciate the offer of help. I had submitted a
                        screen play once and although they were very
                        interested in it, they immediately started changing it
                        into something besides what I wanted it to be. It was
                        like having one of my babies torn apart in front of my
                        eyes. I don't think I'd ever trust a publisher to do
                        justice to it. Thanks again, for the offer. If I can
                        find some of the stuff I've written, I'll try to
                        remember to get it to you. Some of them, I had already
                        picked a cast and everything. Even to the point of
                        writing the part based on my impressions of the stars
                        I would want to play the part. I still say no one can
                        create a world like Frank Herbert did with the Dune
                        series. But then there are a multitude of others where
                        without even thinking about it, you flow into the book
                        with such ease, you have no problems at all with the
                        mental imageries the author has created. I look
                        written communication. But, without vocal expression,
                        one loses the author's physical touch to a story and
                        can only color it with passions of your own. And there
                        have even been books where when I'm reading it, I talk
                        to the author as if they were sitting beside me and I
                        tell them how I would have done it. Yeah, I know, I
                        need to get out more. Love and Hugs, Karen

                        http://shopping.yahoo.com/
                      • pattimaris1675@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Dec 16, 2000
                          Hi Karen,
                          I understand what you mean about someone changing something, such as your
                          screen play, because it was written with your deep feelings and for someone
                          to change it, changes the whole meaning of it~
                          Indeed~
                          Pattimari