Re: Love Thoughts

  • Polly Menendez
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 12, 2000
      I couldn't agree with you more, Patti.

      I am hoping that all members here will feel free to post some message
      of love and upliftment, as each of us can always benefit from the
      kind thoughts of others.

      I'm sure we each have something within us that will please us all,
      once expressed. I urge everyone to let their voice flow lovingly
      from the heart.

      Don't we all love the stimulation of hearing words of sweetness,
      tenderness, and affection?

      Perhaps share a prayer, a short story, or words from a song.

      Thank you for being here.

      Love, Polly
    • pattimaris1675@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2000
        Spin around
        and around
        to Love
        and skip
        the heartbreak
        heartbreaks
        are for those
        made up
        of stone
        cold dark stone
        that fall
        and crumble
        too hard
        to cold
        But..
        But...
        Let us dance
        round and round
        and round
        we go
        to the pure
        innocent
        Love,
        filled with
        peace,
        delicate
        caring
        unquenchable
        beauty
        caring
        smiles
        whopping successes
        in the valley of pure love

        No! No!
        throw away ruthless
        anger
        don't come near
        with despair
        shrinking
        Love,
        tantalizes
        no hope

        Come full
        of laughter,
        smiles,
        truth,
        peace,
        hope,
        longing
        impeccable warmth
        No! No!
        Don't meet weariness
        he is just
        a tried old soul
        who has no faith
        no love
        empty
        and compelled to pain
        Come!
        Come!
        Don't worry
        Love is here
        beneath
        the spirit
        tree
        where life
        grows love,
        truth,
        and tall
        in spirit
        in innocent
        pure love.
        To hold, to have
        and to smile
        with the beauty
        in your eyes
        Love!
        Pure Love!

        Patti
      • Karen Pennington
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 14, 2000
          When I am still and quiet, I can hear the angels sing
          a song of love. The sweet, etherial music warms me
          body and soul. It is this song I would extend to
          comfort those whose hearts are weary or forlorn, to
          those whose spirits flag from too much reality, and to
          those of us who also choose to dream of a finer garden
          of peace and love where each of us come together in
          love and support. Love and Hugs to all, Karen

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • pattimaris1675@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 14, 2000
            Oh Karen, that was lovely!
            Here is another form me...

            go toward
            freedom;
            requesting,
            receiving,
            freedom to free this world
            from swallowing pain
            with all its endings,
            ecstatic times, and new beginnings,
            turned old
            shoved to the side.
            Yet even with shattered,
            troubled hearts,
            full of revolted shattered
            cold pain,
            one has
            the love within
            to keep, and hold
            and bless
            as each risk
            is taken
            as each hand is stretched out
            to offer the beauty of love
            which is pure and whole
            and blissful
            with all the lights
            bright and beautiful
            that fills the lonely
            heart
            full of wonder
            and yes,
            heart break
            comes hard and cruel
            as it whips, tears
            and throws
            it hard and wild
            against the wall
            Yet
            but when it is glowing
            and pure
            and oozing with innocent
            love
            keep it to your heart
            and don't abuse
            it
            never lying
            always honoring
            staying that way
            until the
            fleeting
            fears,
            lies,
            arrive
            to temp
            to call
            and with trembling,
            turns away
            reaches out to the broken heart
            to the pain
            to the wild
            turmoil of another heart ache

            So stay with the light
            speak of love
            to honor
            dance to the tune
            sing with all the heart
            and your love with
            stay forever
            within your hold

            Pattimari
            9/2000

            Patti
          • Karen Pennington
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2000
              I must apologize to all who've already read this; but
              I liked it so much, I just had to pass it on. Love &
              Hugs, Karen

              Instructions for Life in the New Millennium
              from the
              Dalai Lama:

              Take into account great love and great achievements
              involve great risk.

              When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

              Follow the three R's: Respect for self / Respect for
              others / Responsibility for all your actions.

              Remember, not getting what you want is sometimes a
              wonderful stroke of luck.

              Learn the rules so you know how to break them
              properly.

              Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

              When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate
              steps to correct it.

              Spend some time alone every day.

              Open your arms to change but don't let go of your
              values.

              Remember silence is sometimes the best answer.

              Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older
              and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second
              time.

              A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for
              your life.

              In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the
              current situation. Don't bring up the past.

              Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve
              immortality.

              Be gentle with the earth.

              Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.

              Remember the best relationship is one in which your
              love for each other exceeds your need for each other.

              Judge your success by what you had to give up in order
              to get it.

              Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.

              http://photos.yahoo.com/