Just to Touch Base

  • angelpjg1@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 18, 2004
      Hello everyone:

      How are all of you doing on this almost spring day here in the USA as well as the rest of you special friends who are our overseas neighbors? It is a little grey and cloudy here today with rain expected (I think about an 80 percent chance of rain today), but other than that, all is well.

      Because the construction crew was working on my putting down most of my ceramci til in my kitchen yesterday, I was unable to get in it a all, so I used yesterday to do some things outside my house. The main thing involved dealing with a quilt top that my oldest and favorite aunt (who died in 1988) had finished and because of the intricracy of her hand-sewing and in memory of her, I have been wanting to add the backing and make it into a quilt ever since my mother gave it to me a few years ago.

      My next door neighbor has been telling me for a while that she would help me work on it as she has a friend who has the quilt frame. So yesterday we went and got all the stuff needed to do that, her friend sat down on the floor and put it together and sewed it all around and then loaded in into a quilt frame. My neighbor and I then tested out what we would be doing--which led me to believe that this is going to take a very long time to do if we do it the way the experienced quilter told us is the correct wway. However, the decision was made for me and my neighbor to quilt around the inside of the each circle and then around the points of each different piece of material and then later I will do the rest of it by myself. Since the quilt is about 90" by 60", I think, this is probably going to take a very long time, but at least it will give me some busy work for my hands for quite a while to come, won't it? And when it is finished, I will have a beautiful memory of my aunt for everyone to see.

      After all this, it was time for me to get ready to go to class, and then when I came home from there, I had company the rest of the night. So suffice it to say, I could not get on-line at all yesteday. In fact, I have not yet received any messages for today, so it is very likely that I have been kicked off-line again by yahoo groups. If so, I will find out once I send this message out and then will resub to yahoo groups.

      I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you, but it really could not be helped. However, I will catch up and get back on track as soon as I can. In the meantime, I just wanted to touch base and tell all of you good morning and that I hope each of you has a wonderful and special day.

      May your life always be touched by
      love and may you always feel the
      presence of God and His angels in
      your life.

      Peace, love, light and angel hugs,

      Patti
    • Patti Garrett
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 2006
        Hello everyone:

        I know it has been a long time since I wrote all of you.  But I felt I had to do so today because for some reason yahoogroups is again playing with my messages and even though I have been on-line very little for the past week and a half and have only sent out like four or five messages, while deleting as many messages as possible daily, I have no idea why my messages are bouncing so it is beginning to really upset me -- big time.

        I guess it is like one man on-line said who got up one morning  and had no messages in his box and when he checked each of his accounts, he found out that  all of his messages had been bouncing and he had no idea why.  That brought on messages by others who said the same thing.  While I don't mind taking that action and checking it out for myself, I honestly do not the energy top check into the over 40 groups I subscribe and checking them out.  it takes all of the energy I can muster up each day just to delete unwanted messages and write one or two messages.

        So please know that I am here and that I have reactivated my account to receive messages, although I have no idea why this would even be happening in the first place.  It's not like I do not have any space on my computer because I have tons of memory.  As that man who found out his messages were being bounced said, it just seems that yahoogroups is again just playing around with our messages again for no reason.

        Anyway, hopefully by this weekend, I will get most of my energy back and can be back with all of you in a normal manner.  Right now, I have to get off because I have really tired myself out, stressing about this bouncing problem, and now I just have say so long so I can get back in the bed for a while and try to build up my energy again.

        Have a wonderful and joy-filled day.

        Peace, love, light, harmony and angel hugs,

        Patti