Feminine

  • David Fiske
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2004
      If I may on another site these questions came up and the post is
      relevant here too.

      Thank you for your questions Eryu.

      As a woman yes your exeriences are most likely very different from
      mine.I would hope that as the world balances its energies more of
      the feminine will get expressed socially. This will happen as our
      masculine dominated societies embrace their feminine.

      You write,"As for the gender thing, I have some reservations about
      that. It is one thing to explore androgyny (or whatever you may wish
      to call it)in a spiritual, psychological or internal sense but quite
      another to extrapolate that into the external or social arena."

      My encouragement to balance the feminine and masculine has nothing
      to do with
      bi sexualism. Just to get that out of the way. Nevertheless
      sexually, if we are honest, there is a scale from extreme male to
      extreme woman and most of us are somewhere along that range.

      I have long wondered whether some people's uncertain sexual identity
      came from past lives of being now a man then a woman and perhaps
      eventually getting a little mixed up. I think you can balance the
      maculine and feminine and yet express your sexuality according to
      your "equipment" if you understand my meaning.

      I am thinking of a post on sensuality and sensuality as a stepping
      stone to spirituality.

      However as you become balanced inside you will express that balance
      in your behaviour, in all your behaviour.

      I know about injustices to women, and female rage at men. My first
      wife subcribed to Ms magazine. This is in in the early 70's. Every
      month it came I got my dose from her of just being a man in a man's
      world. I read Kate Millet and Germaine Greer and had my eyes opened.

      You write ;"As there are still quite marked inequalities in the
      world, our respective experiences are likely to be quite diverse. It
      seems important to recognise those differences and not merely to
      dismiss them.

      I would be interested to hear your experience and your wisdom on this
      subject."

      Wisdom? Thank you. You are too polite.

      My partner now is a Professor of Mechanical Engineering. Moreover
      she got her undergraduate degree in Aviation Engineering studying
      with the French Airforce as that was the only place to study this in
      France. I think there were three female students in the whole
      College. So I know from her what it must be like to be female in a
      male dominated world.

      I am basically a househusband. I do all the shopping.of the cooking.
      I often make sure she has a lunch to take to work. I buy the
      Christmas and Birthday presents, and send the cards. I take the
      children to the doctor and check their lunches. I chainsaw the wood
      and split it. I organise the garbage. I fold her camisoles and
      panties after a wash. She comes home to a hot dinner. This morning I
      unblocked the toilet. Her students know me as the wonderful husband
      of Genevieve Dumas!

      In my School, which on one, hand is a martial art school I read
      poetry (Emily Dickinson, Rilke, Rumi, Pablo Neruda etc) to my
      students. I often cry openly when I am moved. I also teach them how
      to dispose of an opponent with a blow. Life is a wholeness, and
      needs to be embraced wholely. I hug men and women there. I once wore
      an ear ring and made them myself out of found bird feathers. I no
      longer have a pony tail (what a relief to have done that and the ear
      ring thing and got it out of the way). I come out of soppy films
      blowing my nose.

      The balanced person has a wider range of responses than the
      imbalanced. A macho man can only respond (react) in a macho way, and
      vice versa for an excessively feminine woman. There are few things
      so laughable and tragic or difficult to deal with than a man or a
      woman who are so stuck in a one dimensional role.

      Thirty years ago I had a model friend who always dressed strikingly
      and then complained when men noticed her.She once took her shirt off
      (bare breasted) while we sat next to lake and got furious when a
      motor boat made rapid turn for the guys to take another look. I
      asked her what she had expected. I had no trouble swimming nude with
      her or being perturbed by her taking a good look! Generally
      speaking, balanced behaiour should evoke balanced responses but, of
      course, we are not yet living in an ideal world. Nor does Genevieve
      think I am ideal either. But I try!

      Does this answer your question? What about you? What are your
      experiences and what wisdom do you have to share?

      Love, David
      www.esotericarts.org