Fwd: Snow Lion's Dalai Lama Quote of the Week

  • Constance Kosuda
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2004
      Note: forwarded message attached.

      =====
      constance kosuda, director of the annabelle foundation,
      dedicated to Enlightened Education (to be freed from ignorance and misinformation) and to the end of violence on this planet.
      May God bless your life and the lives of all you love with peace, prosperity, perfect health, harmony and happiness, forever.
      www.creativeeducationalsystems.com.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • Constance Kosuda

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 2, 2004

          Note: forwarded message attached.

          www.creativeeducationalsystems.com,
          constance kosuda, director of the annabelle foundation,
          dedicated to Enlightened Education (to be freed from ignorance and misinformation) and to the end of violence on this planet.
          May God bless your life and the lives of all you love with peace, prosperity, perfect health, harmony and happiness, forever.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Constance Kosuda
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4, 2004

            Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 01:14:00 -0400
            To: ckosuda@...
            From: Snow Lion Publications
            Subject: Snow Lion's Dalai Lama Quote of the Week

            Dalai Lama Quote of the Week

            Lack of understanding of the true nature of happiness, it seems to me, is the principal reason why people inflict sufferings on others. They think either that the other's pain may somehow be a cause of happiness for themselves or that their own happiness is more important, regardless of what pain it may cause. But this is shortsighted, no one truly benefits from causing harm to another sentient being. Whatever immediate advantage is gained at the expense of someone else is short-lived. In the long run causing others misery and infringing their rights to peace and happiness result in anxiety, fear and suspicion within one-self. Such feelings undermine the peace of mind and contentment which are the marks of happiness.

            -- H.H. the Dalai Lama from The Dalai Lama: A Policy of Kindness, published by Snow Lion Publications.

            SNOW LION PUBLICATIONS is dedicated to the preservation of Tibetan Buddhism and culture by publishing books about this great tradition. Tibetan culture is endangered in its homeland and is striving to continue outside of Tibet. In addition to publishing and distributing books, Snow Lion offers Tibetan visual art and ritual objects, statues & thangkas, videos, traditional music, and gift items through our webstore and newsletter--over 2000 items--the largest selection anywhere. To browse the complete list go to our website and select any of the categories in left-hand margin.

            When you choose to purchase from Snow Lion you are directly supporting the large effort to publish more Buddhist texts.

            THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

            THE DALAI LAMA
            A Policy of Kindness

            by H.H. the Dalai Lama
            more...

            To be removed from this list visit our List Management Page.

            New Items Available Online:

            Also sign up for our Weekly Dharma Quote and quarterly e-newsletter.

            Snow Lion Publications is happy to send you a weekly quote from His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

            Visit our website for these related items:

            HOME | CATALOG | HOW TO ORDER | CONTACT US | PRIVACY & POLICIES | SITE MAP

            Snow Lion Publications
            PO Box 6483
            Ithaca NY 14851-6483
            Telephone: 800-950-0313 or 607-273-8519
            fax: 607-273-8508
            �2003 Snow Lion Publications
            email: info@...

            God bless you, all you love and all you touch with Peace, Prosperity, Perfect Health, Harmony and Happiness
                                                                                                                                                        Thomas

          • Constance Kosuda
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 11, 2004

              Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 01:12:11 -0500
              To: ckosuda@...
              From: Snow Lion Publications

              Dalai Lama Quote of the Week

              We have the bias of considering some people to be enemies and others to be friends. If this really were true such that an enemy always remained an enemy and a friend always remained a friend, then there might be a reason to hate certain people and love others. But, again, this is not the case. There is no certainty in relationships.

              -- His Holiness the Dalai Lama from The Dalai Lama at Harvard: Lectures on the Buddhist Path to Peace, published by Snow Lion Publications.

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
                wrote:

                > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 01:19:42 -0500
                > To: ckosuda@...
                > From: Snow Lion Publications
                > <weblion@...>
                > Subject: Snow Lion's Dalai Lama Quote of the Week

                ---------------------------------
                Snow Lion Publications Newsletter TD { font-family:
                verdana, helvetica, arial; font-size: 12px; color:
                #333333; }

                Dalai Lama Quote of the Week

                Karma has four main characteristics. The first is its
                increasing effect: goodness heralds further goodness
                and evil heralds further evil. Secondly, karma is
                definite: in the long run, goodness always produces
                joy and negativity always produces suffering. Thirdly,
                one never experiences a joy or sorrow that does not
                have an according karmic cause. And lastly, the karmic
                seeds that are placed on the mind at the time of an
                action will never lose their potency even in a hundred
                million lifetimes, but will lie dormant within the
                mind until one day the conditions that activate them
                appear.

                -- His Holiness the Dalai Lama from The Path to
                Enlightenment, published by Snow Lion Publications

                ---------------------------------

[...]

                List Management Page.

                New Items Available Online:

                New Books
                New Dharma Items

                Also sign up for our Weekly Dharma Quote and quarterly
                e-newsletter.

                Snow Lion Publications is happy to send you a weekly
                quote from His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

                Visit our website for these related items:

                20% OFF all Snow Lion Titles in our Library of
                Tibetan Buddhism & Culture

                Latest edition of the
                Snow Lion Newsletter

                Weekly Dalai Lama
                Quote Archive

                Information about our weekly quote lists and
                updates

                Buddhist Astrology