Fw: Multi-D News Yahoo groups "heads up"

  • Polly
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004

      Forwarding this message about Opting-Out.  I had done this once before, but it looks like it needs to be done again with these new Web Beacons.
      Polly

      --

      Yahoo is now using something called "Web Beacons" to track Yahoo
      Group users around the net and see what you're doing and where you

      http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/pixels/details.html

      About half-way down the page, in the section "Outside the Yahoo!
      Network", you'll see a little "click here" link that will let
      you "opt-out" of their new method of snooping. I strongly recommend
      that you do this.

      Once you have clicked that link, you are opted out. Notice
      the "Success" message the top the next page.

      Be careful because on that page there is a "Cancel Opt-out" button
      that, if clicked, will *undo* the opt-out. Feel free to forward this
      to other groups.

      Note that you need to do this opt out action for each computer and/or
      browser that you use.

      Yahoo! Groups Links