Fw: Soul Food Today's Gift - 02/02/04

  • Gaele Arnott
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2004

      Today's thought is:

      What happens to us is not as important as how we respond.

      The external events of our lives are largely beyond our control. We do not choose our parents, our emotional environment, the historical period in which we live, our body type, or the flow of circumstances that shape our experience. These are givens. We do not select them, but we can choose how we will react to them, and in that choice lies our freedom and our responsibility.

      Instead of complaining about the hand we've been dealt, we can concentrate on playing it well. This is the way we exercise our freedom. What might appear to be random chance can take on meaning and purpose as we delve for insight and use our deficiencies as opportunities for growth.

      Our responsibility is to do the best we can with what we have where we are. And we don't do it alone. We have help in learning how best to respond. We have a support group, we have a Higher Power, and we have an inner guide if we will listen for direction.

      Today, I will remember that the what of my life is not as important as the how.

      You are reading from the book:

      Inner Harvest by Elisabeth L.

      Copyright 1989 by Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved. Printed in the United States of America. No portion of this publication may be reproduced in any manner without the written permission of the publisher.

      go to:
      http://www.hazelden.org/servlet/hazelden/go?code=MAINTAIN

      CONTACT INFORMATION:

      Today's Gift feedback - todaysgift@...