Great Outlook

  • luvpotion121
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2002
      Copied from an ACIM Newsletter:

      ( written by Danny Dutton, age 8, from Chula Vista, California, for
      his third grade homework assignment to "Explain God")

      "One of God's main jobs is making people. He makes them to replace
      the ones that die so there will be enough people to take care of
      things here on earth. He doesn't make grown-ups, just babies. I think
      because they are smaller and easier to make. That way, He doesn't have
      to take up His valuable time teaching them to talk and walk, He can
      just leave that to mothers and fathers.

      God's second most important job is listening to prayers. An awful
      lot of this goes on, since some people, like preachers and things,
      pray at times besides bedtime. God doesn't have time to listen to the
      radio or TV on account of this. Since He hears everything, not only
      prayers, there must be a terrible lot of noise in His ears, unless He
      has thought of a way to turn it off.

      God sees everything and hears everything and is everywhere, which
      keeps Him pretty busy. So you shouldn't go wasting His time by going
      over your parent's head asking for something they said you couldn't

      Atheists are people who don't believe in God. I don't think there
      are any in Chula Vista. At least there aren't any who come to our

      Jesus is God's Son. He used to do all the hard work like walking on
      water and performing miracles and trying to teach the people who
      didn't want to learn about God. They finally got tired of Him
      preaching to them and they crucified Him. But He was good and kind
      like His Father and He told His Father that they didn't know what they
      were doing and to forgive them and God said OK. His Dad (God)
      appreciated everything that He had done and all His hard work on earth
      so He told Him He didn't have to go out on the road anymore. He could
      stay in heaven. So He did. And now He helps His Dad out by listening
      to prayers and seeing things which are important for God to take care
      of and which ones He can take care of Himself without having to bother
      God. Like a secretary, only more important, of course. You can pray
      anytime you want and they are sure to hear you because they got it
      worked out so one of them is on duty all the time.

      You should always go to Church on Sunday because it makes God happy,
      and if there's anybody you want to make happy, it's God. Don't skip
      church to do something you think will be more fun like going to the
      beach. This is wrong! And, besides, the sun doesn't come out at the
      beach until noon anyway.

      If you don't believe in God, besides being an atheist, you will be
      very lonely, because your parents can't go everywhere with you, like
      to camp, but God can. It is good to know He's around you when you're
      scared in the dark or when you can't swim very good and you get thrown
      into real deep water by big kids. But you shouldn't just always think
      of what God can do for you. I figure God put me here and He can take
      me back anytime He pleases. And that's why I believe in God."