re Please sign Robinson's petition

  • crystalpyramid@snafu.de
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2004
      Dear all,

      here are some quotes that would fit as comments on this and similar petitions:

      "I will ask for the abolition of the death penalty until they show me human
      judgement can't fail."
      Lafayette

      "How can a state which represents the whole of society and whose mission
      consists in protecting society place itself on a level with a murderer?"
      Kofi Annan

      "To judge a nation, one has to take a look at its prisons from the inside."
      Leo Tolstoi

      The United States is the only Western democracy that still uses the death
      penalty. It is one of only two nations in the world to execute juveniles -
      Iran is the other. The US also has by far the highest murder rate in the
      world. This proves again that the death penalty has no deterrent effect
      whatsoever and that instead, the US needs to examine its cultural belief in
      violent solutions.

      The death penalty is racist, economically biased, ineffective, expensive,
      and immoral.

      Let us find peaceful solutions to the problems of violence.

      Love thy neighbor as thyself.
      Jesus

      Hate is never conquered by hate. Hate is conquered by love.
      Buddha

      Much too many innocents have died on death row, and even the culpable ones
      have an unalieanable right to life.

      Respect Human Life

      What would Jesus do?

      Thou shalt not kill.

      Judge not lest ye be judged.

      To kill a murderer adds another crime to the original one.

      The death penalty is state-sanctioned murder, i.e. a fundamental violation
      of human rights.

      Judgment is mine, says the Lord.

      ...and mine, hehe
      Ulla

      "Peace is the only battle worth waging."
      Albert Camus