On Self-Knowledge

  • Carolpippin@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004

      On Self-Knowledge
            by Kahlil Gibran

      And a man said, Speak to us of Self-Knowledge.

        And he answered, saying:
        Your hearts know in silence
        the secrets of the days and the nights.
        But your ears thirst for the sound
        of your heart's knowledge.
        You would know in words that
        which you have always known in thought.
        You would touch with your fingers
        the naked body of your dreams.

        And it is well you should.
        The hidden well-spring of your soul must needs
        rise and run murmuring to the sea;
        And the treasure of your infinite depths
        would be revealed to your eyes.
        But let there be no scales
        to weigh your unknown treasure;
        And seek not the depths of your knowledge
        with staff or sounding line.
        For self is a sea boundless and measureless.

        Say not, "I have found the truth"
        but rather, "I have found a truth."
        Say not, "I have found the path of the soul."
        Say rather, "I have met the soul
        walking upon my path."
        For the soul walks upon all paths.
        The soul walks not upon a line,
        neither does it grow like a reed.
        The soul unfolds itself,
        like a lotus of countless petals.

        -- Kahlil Gibran
           "The Prophet"

        Courtesy of A beautiful healing sanctuary
           http://www.healingwaters-center.com/id1.htm
        Via Mericiana

      Love and Peace Prevail,

      Version 6.0.551/Virus Database: 343 - Release date 12/11/2003

      Hold fast to your dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
      --
      L. Hughes

    • Sabire Kale
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004

        Dear all,

        I am a newcomer to your list. I am drawn to the group by what I am experiencing.

        Since one year, a chorus-like soft, enchanting music has been waking me up. In the last months, I can hear this music 24 hours. My search for this experience led me to acquaintance with many teachers, friends who recommended me several ways to solve this mystery. Lately, I learned that I have been hearing Angelic frequencies.

        My Master recommended me to meditate intently into these sounds. When I do throbbing starts in my ears. This music sometimes wakes me up at 3.00-4.00 am. I remember my Master's words, start meditating and again throbbing starts in my head/ears.

        I am waiting for your discussions,  experiences and more info for a faster self-development. Please share with me whatever you know.

        Cordial thanks

        Safeka

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • luvpotion121
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2004
          Dearest Carol,

          The Gibran poetry is very much appreciated, and also the link to the
          healing sanctuary you enclosed. Many thanks and sweetest blessings.

          May sweet love be the desire for all.

          Love, Polly
        • Mayra Mendoza
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 3, 2004
            I will bring it alive and share it with others.
            Perhaps this is the reason why you keep hearing it. If
            is not known to the world only to you, perhaps it
            wants to be known.Perhaps you are the one to share it
            to the world. love, Mayra

            --- Sabire Kale <safeka19@...> wrote:

            > Dear all,
            >
            > I am a newcomer to your list. I am drawn to the
            > group by what I am experiencing.
            >
            > Since one year, a chorus-like soft, enchanting music
            > has been waking me up. In the last months, I can
            > hear this music 24 hours. My search for this
            > experience led me to acquaintance with many
            > teachers, friends who recommended me several ways to
            > solve this mystery. Lately, I learned that I have
            > been hearing Angelic frequencies.
            >
            > My Master recommended me to meditate intently into
            > these sounds. When I do throbbing starts in my ears.
            > This music sometimes wakes me up at 3.00-4.00 am. I
            > remember my Master's words, start meditating and
            > again throbbing starts in my head/ears.
            >
            > I am waiting for your discussions, experiences and
            > more info for a faster self-development. Please
            > share with me whatever you know.
            >
            > Cordial thanks
            >
            > Safeka

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
          • Emanuel Wood
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 3, 2004
                            The veil is thin at this one&only moment,so beautiful,you have ears to hear!!  Always Love...Emanuel

              --- Sabire Kale <safeka19@...> wrote:

              > Dear all,
              >
              > I am a newcomer to your list. I am drawn to the
              > group by what I am experiencing.
              >
              > Since one year, a chorus-like soft, enchanting music
              > has been waking me up. In the last months, I can
              > hear this music 24 hours. My search for this
              > experience led me to acquaintance with many
              > teachers, friends who recommended me several ways to
              > solve this mystery. Lately, I learned that I have
              > been hearing Angelic frequencies.
              >
              > My Master recommended me to meditate intently into
              > these sounds. When I do throbbing starts in my ears.
              > This music sometimes wakes me up at 3.00-4.00 am. I
              > remember my Master's words, start meditating and
              > again throbbing starts in my head/ears.
              >
              > I am waiting for your discussions,  experiences and
              > more info for a faster self-development. Please
              > share with me whatever you know.
              >
              > Cordial thanks
              >
              > Safeka

              Yahoo! Groups Links

              HAVE A HAPPY DAY...YOU ARE LOVED.....EMANUEL

              Do you Yahoo!?