Re: << lovingpurelove >> Fw: [Panhala] In the New Year: Wage Peace -- Mary Oliver

  • Sandra Smyth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
      Wage Peace -- Mary Oliver

      SENSATIONAL,  tHANKS AGAIN,

      HUGZ,
      sANDRA

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Polly
      Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 6:41 AM
      Subject: << lovingpurelove >> Fw: [Panhala] In the New Year: Wage Peace -- Mary Oliver

      Wage Peace

      Wage peace with your breath.
      Breathe in firemen and rubble,
      breathe out whole buildings
      and flocks of redwing blackbirds.

      Breathe in terrorists and breathe out sleeping children
      and freshly mown fields.
      Breathe in confusion and breathe out maple trees.
      Breathe in the fallen
      and breathe out lifelong friendships intact.

      Wage peace with your listening:
      hearing sirens, pray loud.
      Remember your tools:
      flower seeds, clothes pins, clean rivers.

      Make soup.
      Play music, learn the word for thank you in three languages.
      Learn to knit, and make a hat.
      Think of chaos as dancing raspberries,
      imagine grief as the outbreath of beauty
      or the gesture of fish.
      Swim for the other side.
      Wage peace.

      Never has the world seemed so fresh and precious.
      Have a cup of tea and rejoice.
      Act as if armistice has already arrived.
      Don't wait another minute.

      ~ Mary Oliver ~

      Posting message to this list:

      Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Polly
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2004
        Wage Peace -- Mary Oliver

        Your welcome Sandra.
        There is another beautiful poem sent out by Panhala today.
        It is an e.e. cummings poem entitled,
        "i am a little church (no great cathedral)", and I so enjoyed this one too.
        If you or anyone would like me to forward to you, please say.
        I recommend that everyone think of joining the Panhala group
        if they enjoy poetry and the magical artistry added by the sender.

        Love, Polly

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 3, 2004
          Wage Peace -- Mary Oliver
          I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOU SENDING THE POEM, I WRITE SOME LITTLE POEMS MYSELF , GENERALLY NOT OF A " SPIRITUAL NATURE ' BUT STILL VERY SPECIAL TO ME AND TO THE PEOPLE I WRITE FOR.

          THANK YOU SO MUCH.