Fw: [Hafiz] The Moon is also Busy

  • Polly Menendez
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2002
      The Moon is also Busy

      I bow to God in gratitude,
      And I find the moon is also busy
      Doing the same.

      I bow to God in great happiness,
      And I learn from where the suns
      And the children
      And my heart
      All borrow their Light.

      I bow to the Friend in deep reverence
      And discover a marvelous secret carried on the air:

      This whole Universe is just as blessed
      And divinely crazed as I,
      And just as lost in this Wonderful Holy Dance.

      My dear,
      After such a long, long, journey,
      God has made another soul
      Free!

      Now all Hafiz wants to do
      Is open a beautiful Tavern
      Where this Sacred Wine
      Of God's Truth, Knowledge and Love
      Is forever and ever
      Freely offered to you.

      O bow to God in gratitude,
      And some day
      You will see how
      The moon is also busy doing the same.

      ("I Heard God laughing" -- versions of Hafiz by Daniel Ladinsky)

      .com
      Archive: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Hafiz

      ---