7744NASA to Study Man Who Survives on Sunlight

  • Spiritus Sanctus
    Jul 2 8:36 AM
      I frequently stare at the sun, especially in the evening as this man below
      does. I have been doing it for years...ever since I was blessed with a vast
      amount of ancient information about this very thing. I do feel I receive
      nutrients, information, and much more during this process. It looks like
      finally science is catching up. With love, Cynthia

      > NASA TO STUDY MAN WHO SURVIVES ON LIQUIDS AND SUNLIGHT
      > SMH
      > June 30, 2003
      >
      > http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/06/29/1056825280652.html
      >
      > An Indian man, who claims to have survived only on liquids and sunlight
      for
      > eight years, has been invited by NASA to show them how he does it.
      >
      > Hira Ratan Manek -- also known as Hirachand -- a 64-year-old mechanical
      > engineer who lives in the southern state of Kerala, apparently started
      > disliking food in 1992, the Hindustan Times newspaper reported.
      >
      > In 1995, he went on a pilgrimage to the Himalayas and stopped eating
      > completely on his return.
      >
      > His wife, Vimla, said: "Every evening he looks at the sun for one hour
      > without batting an eyelid. It is his main food. Occasionally he takes
      > coffee, tea or some other liquid."
      >
      > Last June, scientists from the US space agency verified that Manek spent
      130
      > days surviving only on water, the report said.
      >
      > They even named this subsistence on water and solar energy after him: The
      > HRM (Hira Ratan Manek) Phenomenon.
      >
      > Mr Manek is now in the US to show NASA's scientists how he survives
      without
      > food.
      >
      > The US space agency hopes to use the technique to solve food storage and
      > preservation problems on its expeditions, the report said.
      >
      > Mr Manek said he "eats through his eyes" in the evening, when the sun's
      > ultraviolet rays are least harmful. He and his wife claim the technique is
      > totally scientific. However, doctors warn that staring at the sun can make
      > you blind.
      >
      > His wife said: "He has a special taste for sun energy. He believes only 5
      > per cent of human brain cells are used by most people. The other 95 per
      cent
      > can be activated through solar energy."

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic