54246Gaia Online Tarot: the Hermit ~ the Gardnerer ~ the Seeker

    Jun 1, 2013
      As we have a New Moon in Gemini approaching there are many fields of opportunity growing. Fields for seeds to be planted and fields ready to be harvested. What seeds to plant and how shall we wisely use the fruits that we created? Therein is apart of the messages for today and this begins by going within and enter into Sacred Solitude as the Hermit imparts. This solitude is entering into a silent communion that will speak clearly from the depths of our Heart, our Spirit.

      Have you felt off-balance? A weight upon your shoulder or heart? Remember that what we give our focus to feed. When we become convinced that we are in bondage that we are creating our own shackles. Yet you have the key for liberation within you. Cast off those chains of limitation and rediscover a true liberation of your Mind, Body and Spirit. Find a true rejuvenation of the Soul. Enter into an intimate Sacred Communion with Our Beloved Earth and with Source. For as we do are entering and embracing a Sacred Communion with our Self. See your Self replenished, renewed and embracing the overflow of abundance that is within you.

      It is in that place of Sacred Solitude where can Listen from Your Heart and Spirit to receive insight, guidance, clarity and wisdom. These gifts also flow from within us as we open that door and step into and embrace our Abundance. Listen to that Quiet Still Voice within you. That Voice will inspire you and encourage you brings a freshness and renewal on all levels. Your well is fill of fresh water. Epiphanies are experienced. Your Fertile Spirit brims with anticipation for the harvest and for the planting. You have clearer insight into how to till and care for your garden. You regain confidence to share what you have learned through the life that you live: What you speak and what you do are a divine symmetry and compliment to each other.

      Be open to more fresh beginnings. For the harvest that you partake of can and will create new horizons, new directions, new pathways for these come from the Fertility of your Soul, your Spirit. Where the road leads you is where you are opening yourself to. Place no limitations on the Joy and Love of Life. You carry the seeds to plant new gardens along this Divine Journey. That road begins there within and watch as your Vision widens and many roads are revealed through the Opening and Embracing of your Divine Spirit. Allow spontaneity to blossom once more. Remember that the possibilities are endless and your Infinite Potential is reawakening. Experience the exuberance of Spirit. Let Your Heart Be Open and as a child reborn experience that innocence and purity once more filling you with that sense of wonder, awe and anticipation. Share your Love freely and in that sharing always remember to Love Your Self just as passionately and freely. *:x lovestruck

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      9 - the Hermit
      Sacred solitude

      You have the opportunity to spend time in sacred solitude. You need to withdraw from the world to focus on your inner life and spirituality. Perhaps you have been wounded in the "wars of the world," or perhaps you are fatigued and empty from putting out so much energy, especially if you are a caregiver. Your well is empty and it needs to be filled. Take some time out for a retreat. Go away to the mountains or the sea, by yourself, without partner or friends. Spend time outside in nature, observing the changes in your environment day by day. Your inner wisdom and sense of well-being will grow effortlessly the more time you spend outside. When you once again enter community life, others will be drawn to the light they see inside you and may come to you for guidance. For part of your purpose is to share what you've learned with others.
      3 - the Gardener
      Sensuality, creativity, abundance

      You are being challenged by overflowing abundance and fertility, to the point that it may feel overwhelming or chaotic. You may be pregnant with so many new creations that you are having trouble focusing on just one. Learn to plant, weed and nourish your garden in a sustainable manner; then you will be able to offer the best possible of all foods to those whom you love.
      0 - the Seeker
      A new beginning

      Resolution comes with a new beginning. Be open to all the twists and curves in the road ahead. Be ready for wonderful surprises. Be open-hearted, innocent, trusting and spontaneous. Take a risk! Before you is a brand new adventure — the chance for a fresh start and endless possibilities.

      Post image for Hermit

      Hermit

      Sacred solitude

      The Hermit retreats from the company of others to replenish his soul in solitude as he communes with the natural world. He listens to the calls of birds as he writes and sketches in his journal at twilight time. He ponders his own mortality, and the gifts and challenges of aging. His guardian is the Barred Owl, who sees keenly in the darkness and embodies silent wisdom. From the sacred smoke of burning sage, visions rise of spirit animals. The Loon, with its primal eerie call, leads the Hermit into the waters of his dreams and ancestral memories. Wolf, the moon’s ally, reminds the Hermit that he is part of a pack or tribe, even when he spends time apart from it. The Merlin is a magical, shapeshifting raptor who shares its name with the Wise Old Man of Arthurian legend. All three are teachers of the Hermit’s soul.

      Post image for Gardener

      Gardener

      Sensuality, creativity, abundance

      Our Lady of the Land revels in the fertility and lushness of the midsummer fields, the first fruits of the harvest and the ripening of her own body. She is the mother Demeter of the wheat and poppies. She is the daughter of the Great Goddess of Willendorf. She is the butterfly Monarch. She embodies Venus/Aphrodite as well, luxuriating in sensuality and eroticism. She is both mother and lover and, in proudly proclaiming her right to be both, she heals Western society’s split between sexuality and motherhood.
      She wears a kukui nut necklace, a Hawaiian symbol of of status and empowerment. The mirror of Venus reflects her own beauty and gives us a glimpse into the Otherworld. She is surrounded by overflowing baskets of produce, as fields yet to be harvested stretch out to the horizon.
      Take and eat,” she says as she offers us an apple, a papaya, a fig, the fruitfulness of our own souls. “It is good.”

      Seeker or Fool card Gaian Tarot deck

      Seeker

      A new beginning

      The Seeker begins a journey, taking a moment to contemplate the road ahead before setting off down the hillside. Perhaps she is murmuring a prayer, or setting an intention. She travels light, carrying all that she needs in her bundle. She has embroidered a butterfly on the back of her vest, signifying her delight in taking wing and setting out on her own path.
      The Great Mountain rises in the east, and the River slowly meanders on its own journey, from the mountain range down to the bay and the ocean be- yond.
      The Seeker is at that stage of life between childhood and adulthood when anything is possible, and her life lies before her like a page waiting to be written. With Fox as her trickster companion, who knows what surprises may await her? Swallows and Swallowtails flit and flutter around her, guiding her way.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.