52947Higher Awareness: Inner Journey #80 - Open to awareness
- Jan 13, 2013OPEN TO AWARENESS"Mindfulness means moment-to-moment, non-judgmental awareness. It is cultivated by refining our capacity to pay attention, intentionally, in the present moment, and then sustaining that attention over time as best we can. In the process, we become more in touch with our life as it is unfolding."
-- Myla & Jon Kabat-ZinnWhy do we want to become more aware?If we remain unaware, we:
With awareness, we are fully involved with life. Awareness is sensing deeply and sensitively for what really is. To do this, we need to approach the present as totally new. When we can be open and attentive in each moment, we begin to free ourselves from the conditioning of the past and the suffering that it so often brings."If moment by moment you can keep your mind clear then nothing will confuse you."*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are with the Journey to Awareness email series.
- repeat the past,
- remain stuck in relationships,
- live superficial, literal and one dimensional lives,
- lack experiences of love and beauty, and
- have limited connection to others and the universe.
-- Sheng Yen
The Inner Journey is brought to you by John & Patrice Robson of HigherAwareness.com. We invite you to take the awareness and consciousness journey to know & grow yourself. Copyright © 1999 - 2013 Higher Awareness Inc.
#108, 11215 Jasper Ave. NW, Edmonton, AB, Canada T5K 0L5
'May we live in peace without weeping. May our joy outline the lives we touch without ceasing. And may our love fill the world, angel wings tenderly beating.'