52553Gaia Online Tarot: Strength ~ the Builder ~ Temperance

    Nov 24, 2012
      Our opportunity continues to expand from last week; in and of itself is powerful affirmation and confirmation that within a myriad of forms now presented within our lives to co-create, call and embrace many blessings. This also reminds us that even within some of our most challenging periods these are tools we can use to make vibrant and perpetual transformations in our lives. We are reinforcing our foundation, our well, our Source to persevere and rediscover our truest strengths as we embrace them. Our intuition serves us and the Challenge of the Builder does accentuate that even when the seeming difference of utilizing our intellectual reasoning as compared to our intuition or emotions. When both are balanced together, when our minds are connected too and flowing in harmony with our heart and intuition we begin to experience a clarity that enables us to refine our reasoning which becomes born and rooted in Spirit. What insights we can have, create and questions that stimulate, inspire and challenge us! Those two together are a prime example of Temperance. There taking all aspects of who we are, experiences, growth, what could seem to be complete opposites and bring them together. Life was know it, as we create it, as we experience and embrace are each integrated together: The physical, the emotional, the mental and the spiritual. One declaration within Temperance resonates deeply: "You have discovered your whole life is a work of art." How very, very true. Your whole life is a work of art for You Are The Artist. You are the tapestry and the brush. There is a root foundation for use to walk in renewal, in wholeness, healthy of mind, body and spirit; When seeing the rainbow within the picture let us consider upon this: The rainbows that we perceive are not only a path and experience, although these are truly a blessing, but that they are a reflection of Who We Are as we step into newness of the Spirit Within that we have always been embracing and experiencing Life and Love with true passion and confidence and courage.

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      8 - Strength
      Courage and inner fire

      You have the opportunity to develop your inner fortitude, which is the unseen blessing of difficult times. When you face your fears, an unpleasant situation or an inner truth that you don't want to acknowledge, you develop the courage that allows you to persevere during chaotic, stressful times. If you've never before been tested, you may be surprised to discover a wild source of strength you didn't know you had — like a woman giving birth alone in the wilderness. Afterwards, you will be changed, and your sense of personal power will grow. Others will see it in you and call it "charisma." Your inner fire will be awakened, and it will never again go out.
      4 - the Builder
      Structure, boundaries, foundation

      You are being challenged to make decisions through intellectual reasoning, rather than your emotions or intuition. Ask yourself: "What am I building? Are the foundations of my life based on strong structures? Are my boundaries clear and well tended?" You are being challenged to take responsibility for a project where you have authority over others, and where your leadership skills can shine. What kind of a leader do you want to be? Do you lead by example or by dominating? Are you secure enough in your own abilities that you can share power with others? Do you take into account the long term consequences of the decisions that you make?
      14 - Temperance
      Combining opposites

      Resolution comes with finding the serenity of the middle way between polarities. You are ready to embrace the different parts of your personality, both light and shadow, that combine to make your own unique self. Your inner, spiritual life harmonizes with your life in the workaday world. You have discovered that your whole life is a work of art. You may be in need of healing on a spiritual or physical level, and the Winged One — a descendant of the ancient Bird Goddesses — is here to facilitate that for you. She may also aid you as you move into the role of healer yourself

      Strength card from the Gaian Tarot deck

      Strength

      Courage and inner fire

      A strong and beautiful woman holds a cougar in her arms. Both wear a crown of flowers. The mountain lion symbolizes her passion, her instincts, her sexuality and her wildness. Instead of believing that her animal nature needs to be subdued, she embraces it and makes it a friend.
      Choices are made from the heart. One becomes a bit wilder, more passionate, more creative. The mindful per- son becomes more spontaneous. There is union between the animal instinctual nature and the “civilized” mind. The infinity sign above her head symbolizes the exchange of energy and information between the left and right sides of the brain — linear and holistic. Inner strength arises naturally from the self-confidence of a balanced, integrated person.
      On the rock we see a carving from Italy (500 BCE) that shows a Gorgon Medusa giving birth, assisted by two lions. When we call upon on our inner strength, we may be calm and resolute or wild and fierce. Sometimes we are the Lady and sometimes the Lion.

      Post image for Builder

      Builder

      structure, boundaries, foundation

      The Builder is a master craftsman, shown here carving a design of oak leaves and acorns into the post that flanks the front door of his home. He is committed to the ethics and principles of sustainability and has built an earth-friendly house. Drying herbs hang from the rafters, firewood is stacked in preparation for winter, and a spiral of beach stones leads the visitor to the arched doorway.
      The Builder is strong and comfortable in his own authority. Yet unlike most historic emperors, he does not destroy life for his own power or benefit. Inspired by the Green Man, the spirit of the wildwood whose face he has carved into the post, he works in harmony with nature and honors Mother Earth’s animals and resources. The kestrel, a small falcon who hunts with speed, grace and precision, watches and waits as the Builder focuses on his task.
      The Builder is the archetypal Father, the creator of culture, structure and human laws, as compared to the Gardener, who embodies the abundance of Mother Earth. He is the city, she is the country. He is the building, she is the garden. As an architect of civilization, our Builder creates networks and systems that enable people to live and work together, sharing resources and creating a supportive, sustainable community.

      Post image for Temperance

      Temperance

      Combining opposites

      The Winged One lifts a shell to pour out her blessings into a bowl of burn- ing herbs. Instead of water, she pours the refracted light of a rainbow. Her third eye glows with sacred knowledge and far-see- ing. The steam-filled pool distorts her re- flection — or is the distortion an accurate picture of another kind? She is a mixed-race child; the bloodlines of many cultures run within her body. By her example, she calls to us to integrate all the disparate parts of ourselves. Her gifts are those of healing, creativity and the integration of light and shadow within us.
      The word “temperance” comes from the Latin temperare, “to combine” or “to mix.” This card is about combining diverse elements to create something new. As such, it is often the signature card of artists. Blue and red make purple; rain and sun make rainbows; water and fire make steam. The full moon rises as the sun sets; the sun rises as the full moon sets. This perfect balance of opposites graces us with extraordinary beauty.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.