52463Gaia Online Tarot: Gaia, the World ~ the Moon ~ the Lovers

    Nov 9, 2012
      Some of the many key notes with this vibrant message include: "Knowing that all shall be well". Awareness. Experience. Transcendence. Clarity. Passion and Love. Just as the first card speaks upon this is the time to remember our Divine Birthright. A wholeness, harmonious balance of all aspects of our lives is here and now as we are challenged and inspired to see the cycles of our life, to Know where we are. The Moon is a fine teacher and example that we can utilize by observing and examing our lives. If there are any confusions or concerns Her light offers clarity and wisdom to where we are especially as we become more attune to ourselves, this beloved world and the Universe within us as well as around us. To look within and ask the question of the Lovers. Are we living a life full of passion and love. If the answer embrace that music within us and continue to flow with that Divine Dance. If you are uncertain in that answer be open to the heartbeat of the Earth for from within Her you will re-discover your Own and that will truly create transcendence and transformation. Live your life in authenticity, integrity, wholeness and a passion for life; your own and others. The Love of the Earth, your Self with all upon it and the Universe truly does will become more clear that this is all One and the Same. Be ready and open to join the Cosmic Dance and always follow the calling of your Heart, your Soul, your Love. :)

      The OpportunityThe ChallengeThe Resolution
      21 - Gaia, the World
      May all beings be blessed

      You have the opportunity to know that "all shall be well." This card is the best of all possible cards to get in a reading, because it is the culmination of your spiritual journey. It signifies wholeness and an integration of your spiritual, emotional and physical lives. A major stage or cycle of your life is complete, and a new one will soon begin. You may have had a transcendent experience where you became aware of the life-energy of the planet, and you knew Mother Earth as a living being. This kind of cosmic consciousness is hard to describe, but once we have experienced it we never forget it. Our lives become a cosmic dance in which we forget and remember, forget and remember. When this card appears, you remember your birthright as a Child of Heaven and Earth.
      18 - the Moon
      Constant, faithful changes

      You are being challenged to be aware of the lunar cycle as a model for any life cycle, whether it is a relationship, a job or a creative project. Knowing your place in this cycle can help put your current issues in perspective. As you look at the Moon card, which lunar phase draws your eye? Which phase relates to your current situation? Have you just begun a new relationship, or are you thinking of leaving your job? This card may mean that your latent psychic abilities are waking up, and you are learning to trust your intuition. This may be frightening or confusing if you have spent most of your life guided by the clear light of rationality. The more familiar you become with the language of dreams, symbol and myth, the more comfortable you will be with the gifts that the Moon has to offer. Keep a dream journal, study the arts of divination and magic, open yourself up to non-linear ways of knowing.
      6 - the Lovers
      Follow your passion

      Resolution comes with looking deeply into your own heart and asking yourself if you are living a life full of passion and love. What gives you deep joy and fulfillment in your life? Whatever it is, are you pursuing it? When you are living an authentic life, pursuing your deepest passions, it is easy to love yourself and then to love others. If you have a choice to make, remember that the Lovers call upon you to always follow your heart's desire.

      Gaia or the World card Gaian Tarot

      Gaia

      The World —May all beings be blessed

      The silver-haired Grandmother of All holds Mother Earth in her arms, gazing at her with all the joy and tenderness a mother has for her newborn child. The Daughter is here too, in the form of a swallowtail butterfly. (Can this be the same swallowtail we saw on the Seeker card?) Prayers for the planet are perpetually made as prayer flags flutter in the breeze. The wreath of blessing herbs — cedar, sage, sweetgrass and lavender — creates the mandorla gateway, guarded by animals of the four directions. May all beings be blessed. May there be peace on our beloved Mama Gaia.

      Moon card Gaian Tarot deck

      Moon

      Constant, faithful changes

      La Luna Bella! A woman invokes the energies of the full moon, while all around her spiral the eight lunar phases. Each month the moon embodies the cycle of descent and return, as it waxes to full- ness, wanes to darkness, and begins to wax again. The Moon is constantly changing, and She is utterly faithful in Her changes.
      This cycle embodies one of the most profound teachings that Nature has to offer us. Every month the lunar cycle, which is mirrored in a woman’s menstrual cycle, reminds us that one stage of life always succeeds another, and that a time of darkness is always followed by renewal.
      Behind the woman we see the Paleolithic relief of the Great Goddess of Laussel, which may be humankind’s first calendar. With one hand she points to her belly (hidden behind the woman’s head) and with the other, she holds aloft a crescent-shaped horn incised with thirteen notches, the number of lunations in a solar year. The woman is accompanied by those allies of the night, Owl and Wolf. Owl teaches us to navigate by our feelings, instinct and intuition. Wolf teaches us to get in touch with our “wildish” nature and howl at that luminous moon. Salmon leaps up from the depths, bringing the wisdom of its own cycle of descent and return.

      Post image for Lovers

      Lovers

      Follow your passion

      The Lovers celebrate the sacred feast of Beltane (May Day) in their green- wood bower, attended by the swan of Aphrodite and her twin doves. He is re- splendent as the sun and she, green as the growing earth. He is crowned with leaves, she with May-flowers — hawthorn blossoms, which remind us to “follow our bliss.” Between them they hold the blood- red wild rose of summer, symbol of the sweetness and the sting of passion. A bumblebee hovers near the rose, waiting the chance to drink deeply of its nectar. For a moment, they have turned away from being caught up in each other’s gaze to look outward together in the same direction.

      All content © Joanna Powell Colbert 2003-2011. Please do not reproduce art or content without permission.