46149Re: Jennifer Hoffman: Unfriended! And That's All Right By Me.

  • Skye Coe
    Sep 30, 2010

      Aloha Maggie,

      When I first joined FB I was a little overwhelmed with keeping up with reading daily posts from friends pages.  I didn't realize that you can 'hide' members that you don't want to follow endlessly, so mistakenly unfriended a few people.

      Issue Jennifer is talking about in her blog is one of releasing friendships that are 'co-dependent'.  Sometimes it takes a long time or specific incidents to realize that a friendship was based more on meeting someone else's dependency needs than on openness, honesty and integrity.

      There are boundaries for me that when not honored unfortunately mean that I need to no longer participate in that relationship.  That can be rudeness that has no place in a friendship, asking me to overlook dishonesty, or to participate in something I feel is harmful or detrimental to that friend, myself or others.

      It can painful to end a relationship that may have seemed perfect for many years but living with myself and my own integrity and may cause some hurt feelings to person I am no longer engaging with but there is no other choice.  If appropriate I explain my decision to person, but most often I find they are not able or willing to listen.

      That said, I do love the opportunity social networking allows me to connect with friends and family with news and pictures.  Also allows me to join groups political, environmental and others that I support and keep updated on current news and opportunity for petition signing.

      Yes, this is a great forum and I enjoy almost all that is posted here!

      Appreciatively )'(  Skye

      HEART OF MAUI /

       HEALING THRU HEART

      Tools for Spiritual Transformation

      & Conscious Evolution

      Crystal & Minerals* Andaras * Lemurians * Chakra Sets

       Pendulums * Taffeta Jewelry Saques * Karuna Art Chakra, Goddess,

      Children's, World Peace Prayer Flags and much More.

       www.HeartofMaui.com     or         www.HealingthruHeart.net

      info@... or info@...

       1-808-280-3682   We'd love to hear from you!

      Find us on FaceBook at Heart of Maui

       MAHALO NUI LOA!