44705Re: Higher Awareness: (IJ) #8 - 348 - Beware of duty

    Mar 1, 2010
      we will just have to agree to disagree Ken. I have lived a good portion of my life attempting to do what was expected of me or giving to someone else what they were expecting to receive or have done; and that has never ever, in the long run, done anything but diminish that the recipient and the giver. We are all indoctrinated, to one degree or another from birth about, "honor, duty, give until it hurts, this is expected of you" and by and large look at how the world has resulted from those mindsets. There is always the other side of the coin with what is said to be duty. Be true to yourself first and you will find yourself being true to others because it all starts inside first. The measure you meet out to one self is the measure that is given out to others. I do respect your opinion and where you speak from. Namaste