40360"Meditations with our Native American Elders"...April 1 ~ ONE ~

  • Barbara Bailey
    Apr 1, 2008

      "Meditations with our Native American Elders"
      "People think other things are more
      important than prayer, but they are
      mistaken."

      -Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

      An Elder once said the most important thing
      you can do in the course of a day is to pray. If
      we get up late or oversleep, which is more
      important? Rush to work without praying or
      pray first and then go to work? The Elders say
      it's more important to pray. If we get angry,
      should we act on our anger or should we pray
      first? The Elders say it's more important to
      pray first. If, during the day, we face indeci-
      sion, what should we do? PRAY. If, during the
      day, we become irritated or we experience
      fear, what should we do first? PRAY. The War-
      rior who prays first will lead a different life
      from those who pray last.