38316"A Cherokee Feast Of Days"........OCTOBER 1 ( Part 2 )

  • Barbara Bailey
    Oct 1, 2007
      OCTOBER 1

      Peace . . . comes within the souls of
      men when they realize their relation-
      ship, their oneness, with the universe
      and all its powers, and when they
      realize that at the center of the
      Universe dwells Wakan-Tanka, and
      that this center is really everywhere,
      it is within each of us.
      -BLACK ELK,
      OGLALA SIOUX, 1863-1950

      On This Date in
      Native American History

      October 1, 1969: Parents of American
      Indian children attempted to enroll
      their children in a desegregated school
      in South Carolina. Federal marshals
      and school officials forced the families
      to exit the premises or be faced with
      criminal charges.

      By:  Terri Jean

      *Courtesy of RedHawk 1920

      C/O

      Great Spirit grant me the strength of eagles wings,
      the faith and courage to fly to new heights,
      and the wisdom to rely on his spirit to carry me there.

      May we all live in peace, love and harmony experiencing each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder.
      From My Heart,
      ~Barbara A Bailey~