37823Inspirationa Quotes and Ideas to Ponder On Today

  • Patti Garrett
    Aug 20, 2007
      Hello everyone:

      I am still in the midst of reading and responding to my e-mails; however, I did want to share a few wonderful quotes with all of you before it got too late today.

      I especially like this one by George Washington Carver because it is something that is true for all of us, and, are things we will all go through -- if we are lucky enough to live long enough to be considered aged:

      "How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these."

      Another one I love is this one by Robert H. Goddard who played such a big part in the space industry that he had a space center named after him and he tells us:

      "It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dreams of yesterday are the hopes of today and the realities of tomorrow."

      Another quote that sort of got to me was one by Rosalind Russell who played 'Auntie Mame' and according to information I have read about her, lived her life much like she did as Auntie Mame, and this quote tells us:

      "Flops are part of life's menu, and I've never been a girl to miss out on any of the courses."

      And the final one from me, one that really spoke to me because I find it to be true every day, is by Blaise Pascal:

      "Kind words do not cost much.  They never blister the tongue or the lips.  They make other people good-natured  They also produce their own image on men's souls, and a beautiful image it it."

      I do also like the statement that I believe to be true that someone on another group uses on every message they send out which says"

      "We are not physical beings trying go have a physical experience, but spiritual beings having a physical experience (in a human body)."

      I wanted to start off today with these quotes because they were on my desk right in front of my computer monitor so I felt it was the right thing to do today, before I did much of anything else.

      I do wish for each of you a very special and joy-filled day for each of you, a day touched by love in whatever way you may need.

      Peace, love, light, joy and angel  hugs,

      Patti

      P.S.  Because we live our life so much on words and use words so much every day, I took advantage of this opportunity to once again use an Elvis song because it is, after all, Elvis month on TVLand, and I love to have an excuse to use one of his great songs as often as possible.  I do hope you all enjoy this song as much as I do.