26753Clear Away Bad Vibes
- Dec 1, 2005
Clear Away Bad Vibes
Adapted from Celebrating the Great Mother, by Cait Johnson and Maura D. Shaw (Inner Traditions, 1995).
We all have times of crabby moods, quarreling, tension, or simple "bad vibes" that could use some attention. Find out which colors, foods, herbs, minerals, and essential oils can be used as psychic housecleaners to restore balance and freshness to your home, your office, and your self.
These time-honored allies and simple activities have been used by Wise Ones for centuries to help people feel more balanced and calm. Plus we include 8 great how-to ideas. Find out how:
Foods, herbs, and plants: angelica, basil, bay, cedar, copal, lavender, lemon, lemon verbena, nutmeg, parsley, peppermint, rosemary, sage, salt, sweet grass, thyme, tobacco, vervain
Gems and minerals: amber, aquamarine, azurite, bloodstone, clear quartz crystals, emerald, fluorite, lapis lazuli, malachite, obsidian, peridot, selenite
Incense and essential oils: copal, lavender, lemon, sage, sweet grass, sandalwood, thyme
1. When the atmosphere is negative or tense, light a smudge stick. See Smudging: What It Is and How To Do It. Give the entire house a going-over.
2. Mix salt and water and sprinkle a little as you walk around the room clockwise.
3. Hide a whole nutmeg in the drawers or cabinets of every room, or place a dish of them where they are most needed.
4. Make a strong tea of dried angelica and use it to dust the furniture. Put leftovers in your bucket, add soap and water, and mop the floors.
5. Carry a clear quartz crystal with you and purify it periodically by allowing it to bathe in the light of the sun and the moon, soaking it in salt water overnight, or burying it in salt for three days.
6. Take a bath with the juice of a whole lemon (peel and all thrown in after juicing) and a handful of sea salt.
7. Light a white candle.8. Take plenty of deep, cleansing breaths.