      Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 9:56 AM
      Subject: Re: [lovingpurelove] Essence of Paradise 06.19.2002 [Hope]

      Hello All!

      In response to the comments on WHAT YOU SEE, those of us who examine ourselves at a time of anger or some such so-called negative emotion need to realize that not all people are ready to do such a thing.  The suggestion can be only a suggestion, not an expectation.  We cannot simply point to that person and tell them to examine themselves because it does not address their pain.  Growth does not have to be a painful process, we can help walk each other through it.  Those of us who are faced with the opportunity to help a friend or acquaintance who needs help in dealing with such a problem must first validate their feelings of anger, etc. and then steer them into a position where they can discover naturally how they are a part of that emotion.  They can do it themselves so much better in the future if we help steer them instead of instantly telling them to look inside themselves, as if that is the full solution.  This is a multi-faceted, multi-level thought process that cannot start and end with a simple sound-bite, which is what this advice is becoming.  So many people give this advice to a point lately where it is sounding more like a cop-out than any help at all, especially since they just drop it and don't help the person in their process.

      We don't always remember how long it took us to figure this all out and we need to be mindful that others must be allowed to take the time it takes for them to learn this.  Hopefully someone was patient with us, but either way we need to remember the entire process.

      I really agree with you when you encourage those who disagree to respond with their opinions and ideas rather than be taken off the list because of the fact that their input could be just what we all have been wanting or needing to hear.  I further encourage those who disagree to share your feelings and help us all to grow further.

      Thanks for your time and consideration.

      Susan

      >>> vze3232x@... 06/19/02 09:34AM >>>

            MORSEL:

            Mistakes live in the neighborhood of truth and therefore delude us.

            Rabindranath Tagore, Indian Poet

            v   v   v

            * This is made possible in part by Scott Reeves.

            Create A Beauty-Full Life, One Day At A Time!
            Love, Respect, Cherish and Support 'All' Life!
            Minister Baba Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala

            Note on WHAT YOU SEE

            What I wrote yesterday entitled What You See was misunderstand by a few of our sister and brothers. I was not saying that it is unlikely for most people to change for the better. Neither was I saying that we can not affect others to change in a positive way. We are creators of our own reality to a degree and especially in ourselves we can make great changes and create a Beauty-Filled life.

            This internet forum call Essence of Paradise is not meant to be something that agrees with everyone's beliefs at all times. It is designed to cause all who read it to think deeper about ones life and to stimulate us to think about possible changes that may be needed in it. If you differ with what is shared here do not get upset and ask to be removed from the mailing list. Share you thoughts and beliefs with all of us, what you believe might be the part of the puzzle that we all need to understand fully what is being expressed and felt. If something upsets us we first need to examine ourselves to see if it upsets us because it is an area in our life that is calling for help or better understanding. We must not shut down because someone stepped on our toe, especially when they did not mean to step on it.

            Over and over I have invited all to share with the group but few do and that is okay, however if you have something to share do not hold back in doing so. It may seem elementary to you but it may be a major revelation for me or someone else. It may be the key that we need to open the door that we should be walking through.We are in this thing called life TOGETHER, lets work, learn and grow together as we live together. I am an open book for all to read, however you must remember that the book is not yet finished.

            Minister Baba Kundi Ma'at-Shambhala
            Copyright © 2002
      ceiving it in error someone is either forwarding it to you or requested a subscription for your e-mail address. To be removed from this list please send a return e-mail with REMOVE in the Subject box. To be added to the mailing list please send a return e-mail with SUBSCRIBE in the Subject box.

                                                                                                                                   PEACE, LOVE AND LIGHT!