      Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 12:58 AM
      Subject: << lovingpurelove >> simply the present moment #106~04

      Simply, the present moment,
      contemplative thoughts for meditative moments
      brought to you in love by Gaele Arnott from Brisbane Australia

      Venus is symbolic for the changes which  humanity is making at this current time of consciousness. She is the wind of change we feel brushing our brow and fluttering on our cheek as we grapple with the meaning this makes to our life.
      The stories of mytholgoy were thrown from the churches in the 12th and 13th centuries and began to re-emerge in the 15th century.
      Whether you believe or not in their existence the power of their thought form permeates our everyday life. Our subconscious knows that Venus symbolises the source of all life and the collective unconscious.
      Venus brings us the symbol of love and strength for her story is one of growth through pain. Her mother Gaia in anger threw the genitals of Uranus, her father into the sea and through the froth and foam Venus emerged.
      This story tells us that we are not alone in our own daily challenges and from this adversity if we have the strength to love ourselves and others - positive change will herald in a new era for us individually and as a humanity.

      Mythology

      Venus's Greek name is Aphrodite. She is known as the Daughter of Heaven and Sea, the child of Uranus and Gaia. Her story tells of fertility, love and pleasure.

      Venus wasn't conceived out of pleasure, but she worked hard to find her own. She was born when Gaia, Goddess of Mother Earth, got so angry at her husband Uranus that she sliced off his genitals and threw them into the sea. They mixed with the foam of the ocean and formed Venus, a symbol unconcerned with maternal issues and focused on sensuality and pleasure.

      Venus married and bore children but did not stay focused on her home affairs. In fact, she concentrated almost completely on her extramarital affairs. Her many lovers include Aries, the God of War, and the handsome Adonis.

      The goddess loved to pamper herself and cultivate her beauty. Her symbol represents the hand-held vanity mirror that Venus used to admire her beauty. Truly, Venus has become the symbol for feminity itself.

      the background for the graphic and stationery is the Huon River in Tasmania, Australia
      the tube for Venus was sent to me by Vivian

      the midi playing is: Eternal Wind
      if you would like to receive this midi or
      to be included on the midi list please email me at

      At the current time there is much controversy over how music is being shared on the internet. It is my intention to share with you midis I have collected for your personal use. There is no commercial interest by me in any midis shared. The music is used to enhance the message and the graphic shared with you. If you wish to purchase any soundtrack and have difficulty in doing so then I would be pleased to "help you hunt" for that piece through my local music store as I have previously done for requested pieces. (especially if they're Australian).

      Evolution is a leap in consciousness