1237Re: Spiritual Experiences

  • Adriana
    Apr 15, 2002
      Thank you for sharing about your experience, Polly~
      In exchange, I'll also share one of my true stories...don't know how
      spiritual it is, but it's a funny one indeed : )

      <<*>>It was a couple of years ago, a fine morning, and I had to go to the
      post office. As a foreigner living in Japan, this can sometimes be a major
      accomplishment, especially when I have to demonstrate my not-so-skilfull
      japanese writing.:-) As I was putting my papers in order, I noticed that at
      the other end of my table the teenager daughter of a very good friend was
      also filling out some forms. A man was standing by her side and explaining
      things to her, because she was nodding from time to time and writing in the
      spaces that he was pointing his finger at.
      I felt a powerful smell come my way from the direction of the man, something
      like exotic flowers mixed with red wine, and noticed that his words were
      kind of blurred, sometimes understandable, sometimes not quite. Oh, I
      thought, some relative of the girl, and having had a glass of something too,
      so early in the morning ...lol...
      I said hello to the girl, and the man also looked at me, and said, in his
      blurred voice: "oh, wow, look at this, what a beauty do I see!" I giggled
      inwards, in a way glad to be called a beauty at my (middle)age, and even
      feeling some understanding for the wine that had put the words on this man's
      lips.
      However, to discourage further advances, I tried to appear as serious as I
      could, whispered a polite "thank you, sir", and continued with my writing.
      In the meantime, my little friend finished what she was doing and left the
      PO, and the man started moving among other people, laughing and talking
      with everybody, even with the people who just got in. He even went inside
      the area that is reserved only for the PO workers, who were also talking and
      laughing with him.

      Huh? I thought...now this IS a bit weird, since this man does not wear a
      badge, a uniform, but just some baggy clothes, of some undistinguishable
      color...now why does everybody seem to know him???
      As I stood near the counter, I noticed from the corner of my eye that he was
      standing nearby too, and looking straight at me. I looked straight into his
      eyes and I got almost dizzy, they were so deep, so magnetic, and so... so
      gentle !!!
      He said: "Gee...you ARE really so beautiful...I need to remember your name,
      and please do call on me if you have any problems with the language or the
      people, because my job here is to help". With as much as a glance in the
      direction of the PO worker to whom I had just given my papers, he took some
      kind of a notebook out of his pocket, and wrote something in it. My name I
      guess, that he apparently saw on my papers.
      I said "thanks, but I'm ok, really I think I can manage", and he only
      smiled, and went away, out through the front door.
      I thought - oh boy, the world is full of all kinds of interesting people,
      and this one was Surely one of them!!! And then I forgot all about it until
      a few days later, when I met my friend and her daughter, and had the idea to
      ask her if the guy who had helped was a relative, or a PO worker... or...
      Imagine my surprise when the kid said that she never met - nor spoke to -
      nor was ever helped that day - by any man in that post office.
      Which made me think that perhaps I saw an angel person in that place, and
      sure thing, whenever I have some trouble, I always seem to find an answer in
      there, even though I haven't seen that man again...

      AOR,
      Adriana
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic