Twas the Internet Night Before Christmas

  • mistyletoe
    Message 1 of 479 , Dec 1, 2001
      'Twas the night before Christmas, when all
      through the Net,<br>There were hacker's a surfing. Nerds?
      Yeah, you bet.<br>The e-mails were stacked by the modem
      with care,<br>In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be
      there.<br><br>The newbies were nestled all snug by their
      screens,<br>While visions of Java danced in their dreams.<br>My
      wife on the sofa and me with a snack,<br>We just
      settled down at my rig (it's a Mac).<br><br>When out in
      the Web there arose such a clatter,<br>I jumped to
      the site to see what was the matter.<br>To a new page
      my Mac flew like a flash,<br>Then made a slight
      gurgle. It started to crash!!<br><br>I gasped at the
      thought and started to grouse,<br>Then turned my head
      sideways and clicked on my mouse.<br>When what to my
      wondering eyes should appear,<br>My Mac jumped to a page
      that wasn't quite clear.<br><br>When the image
      resolved, so bright and so quick,<br>I knew in a moment it
      must be St. Nick!<br>More rapid than mainframes, more
      graphics they came,<br>Then Nick glanced toward my screen,
      my Mac called them by name;<br><br>"Now Compaq! Now
      Acer!", my speaker did reel;<br>"On Apple! On Gateway!"
      Santa started to squeal!<br>"Jump onto the circuits!
      And into the chip!<br>Now speed it up! Speed it up!
      Make this thing hip!"<br><br>The screen gave a
      flicker, he was into my "Ram",<br>Then into my room rose a
      full hologram!<br>He was dressed in all red, from his
      head to his shoes,<br>Which were black (the white
      socks he really should lose).<br><br>He pulled out some
      discs he had stored in his backpack.<br>Santa looked
      like a dude who was rarin' to hack!<br>His eyes, how
      they twinkled! His glasses, how techno!<br>This ain't
      the same Santa that I used to know!<br><br>With a
      wink of his eye and a nod of his head,<br>Santa soon
      let me know I had nothing to dread.<br>He spoke not a
      word, gave my Mac a quick poke,<br>And accessed my C
      drive with only a stroke.<br><br>He defragged my hard
      drive, and added a "Dimm",<br>Then threw in some cool
      games, just on a whim!<br>He worked without noise, his
      fingers they flew!<br>He distorted some pictures with
      Kai's Power Goo!<br><br>He updated Office, Excel and
      Quicken,<br>Then added a screensaver with a red clucking
      chicken!<br>My eyes widened a bit, my mouth stood agape,<br>As
      he added the latest version of Netscape.<br><br>The
      drive gave a whirl, as if it were pleased,<br>St. Nick
      coyly smiled, the computer appeased.<br>Then placing
      his finger on the bridge of his nose,<br>Santa turned
      into nothing but ones and zeros!<br><br>He flew back
      into my screen and through my uplink,<br>Back into the
      net with barely a blink.<br>But I heard his sweet
      voice as he flew from my sight,<br>"Happy surfing to
      all, and to all a good byte!"
    • fragile_rose2002
      Message 479 of 479 , Mar 3, 2002
        Hey Misty....I just caught up with everyone...I
        sure don't want to lose you guys already. Please keep
        us posted on any changes....thanks Misty. <br><br>Hi
        kit...EZ. Not too many of the old members come in here. If
        anyone remembers me...Hey let me know....lol. I keep
        having these Senior moments and I have a tendency to
        forget...lol. You guys have a great week.