Anti MM & SOS Organizing Meeting 6/12

  • Jimmy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2005
      Please Forward Widely

      !!!!!!PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY to your lists!!!! VENCEREMOS!!

      WHAT? Minutemen: Emergency Planning Meeting (Follow-up to
      the Riverside Summit)

      WHEN? Sunday June 12, 2005 10AM

      WHERE? UCLA Labor Center (Downtown LA) 675 S. Park View St.
      1st Fl, Los Angeles, CA 90057

      WHO? The Frente Latinoamericano is hosting the event but
      ALL progressive groups, individuals, organizations and parties are
      welcomed. The Frente Latinoamericano is a newly formed coalition of
      progresive groups in LA from all over Latin America (Alianza Nueva
      Nacion and Mayavision of Guatemala, Los Angeles Unidos Con
      Nicaragua, Red Cuidadana de Salvadorenos en el Exterior, Frente
      Indigena de Organizaciones Binacionales, Raza Graduate Student
      Association of UCLA, Union Del Barrio...many more)
      This event has also been endorsed by the following organizations:
      MEChA de UCR, MeChA de El Camino, MEChA de Fullerton, MEChA de UC
      Davis, UCR Mexicans, Artistas Unidos, Estamos Unidos, Center for
      Community Action and Enviornmental Justice, LA ISO, Student
      Coalition for Peace and Human Rights at UCR, Multicultural Student
      Organization, Students for Social Justice (Pasadena City College),
      Southern California Human Rights Network, A.N.S.W.E.R. L.A,.San
      Gabriel Valley Neighbors for Peace and Justice

      Why? WE NEED TO BE ORGANIZED!!! Our people are angry and
      combative about this minutemen issue and the fact that a racist
      White man can purposely run over young Mexicanos/people of color and
      get away with it! We need to be unified, organized and disciplined
      at all of these actions! We have to be able to protect ourselves
      from the racist pigs/migras who harrass, beat, arrest and even KILL
      our people on a daily basis! Come to strategize with numerous
      progressive organizations.

      This will be an organizing/strategizing meeting. We will not have
      workshops, panels...etc. We need to be prepared to deal with these
      racists.

      For more info please call: 1(323) 860-9870 or email
      FrenteLA@...