19053Re: [lotus-cars] Nice early Seven on BAT

  • adamsonpaul@sky.com
    Dec 19, 2017
      I thought they were engraved? Of course I could be wrong.

      On Tue, 19 Dec 2017 at 22:09, jay cee dertgog@... [lotus-cars]
      <lotus-cars@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The chassis plate is not likely the original - to the best of my knowledge they were etched, not stamped.

      The person to contact as to authenticity is the Lotus Seven marque register -  John Watson

      Also see simplesevens.com

      Foster

      On Tuesday, December 19, 2017 12:54 PM, "'Tony Vaccaro' tvacc@... [lotus-cars]" <lotus-cars@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      HI all,
      Just looked at this and I am not an expert on early 7’s but the seller has been straight up and told us there are two other cars with the same VIN. How does know this one is the original? Someone said that it is missing the handbrake and is the speedo in the right place? Are there any other things that are not right.Do we know thhe other cars?

      I am not trying to start if big issue here. The owner is unsure himself. And I commend him for being honest.  I am only asking as a friend has asked me to look at it for him. I am afraid I don’t know enough on these early cars to make a judgement.

      Tony V