Re: Fluid in cervix?

  • heatherrobin
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18 11:08 AM
      I've never heard of fluid in the cervix but your fFN and long cervix are really encouraging. I don't know if you can get any help in but if so, do it. I hired someone but had budgeted for it before we even tried to get pregnant again based on our last IU/bedrest experience. If you have family or a neighborhood teen who can come help do the more heavy duty tasks and pick up/chase after your kids do it! I do'nt know if it made a difference for me but I made it to almost 40 weeks with only two L&D trips this time. If you can't swing that, just take it easy as much as you can (ha, ha, ha... with a two and three year old). Lots of TV is OK if it just has to happen! And hang out here for support!

      Heather

      --- In lotsofcontractions@yahoogroups.com, "j0hanna0" <jeohara@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I'm new here. This is my 4th pregnancy, 3rd baby, and I'm 26 weeks and change. With my first pregnancy I had lots of contractions that were triggered by a full bladder, activity, etc. I'm noticing that again this time, but sometimes the contractions can be hard to stop. My dr sent me to L&D yesterday because I had contractions for 24 hrs, every 5 to 15 minutes. They weren't regular and varied in intensity and duration. I spent most of that time guzzling water and laying in bed, but they still weren't stopping.
      >
      > All the tests checked out fine. Long cervix, negative fetal fibronectin, etc. The only thing they did mention is that my cervix has some fluid in it. Anyone familiar with that? I was more concerned with getting the okay to ignore these kind of contractions in the future. I have a 2 year-old and a 3 year-old, so I can't rest like that normally!
      >
      > I can't seem to find any info about fluid in the cervix, but I got the impression that maybe the contractions forced it in there...wondering if that is a sign of needing to be more cautious or not. Doctor didn't seem to worried, which is good.
      >
      > Thanks for any help!
      > Johanna

    • dramy2013
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 19 7:19 AM
        I don't know anything about fluid in the cervix, either, but I wouldn't worry unless the doctor is. IU alone is enough to worry about. Glad you found your way here--this group helped keep me sane during my recent pregnancy. And Johanna is a lovely name--it's my daughter's, too. =)

        On the coffee question, no one ever told me to cut out the caffeine entirely, even with the contractions going on, but I found that even half a cup of caffeinated tea would make mine worse. My completely unproven theory is that the tannins in tea and coffee tend to dehydrate you, and the dehydration leads to increased uterine activity, as you seem to have discovered, too.

        Sending good wishes to all the newcomers here.