Re: More trolls!

  • Xavier Fieyr
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 14, 2006
      Without a second thought she picked up her spear and charged at the
      trolls with a snarling growl of pure rage.
      **TAKE WHAT YOU CAN AND _RUN_!** she sent to the others, dodging an
      arrow fired by some hidden enemy.<<

      ChildWolf and LizardStalker both gasped as they heard the send.
      Sprinter jumped up when they did that. They didn't have that much, so
      went over to the others, not wanting to be left behind. They were
      scared now.
    • Sofia
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 15, 2006
        the trolls with a snarling growl of pure rage.
        **TAKE WHAT YOU CAN AND _RUN_!** she sent to the others, dodging an
        arrow fired by some hidden enemy.<<

        Sprinter jumped up when they did that. They didn't have that much,
        so went over to the others, not wanting to be left behind. They were
        scared now.<<<<

        reached him. Unfreezing he began gathering everything within reach,
        threw it onto the nearest wolves and took off in the opposite
        direction of the trolls.
        His shocked mind was nearly without thought at this point, but
        subconsciously he prayed that everyone would follow him and that
        Dawngazer would live. ~**Sree!**~ slipped from his mind to hers and
        she replied him with a, ~**Relv,**~ before attempting to cut the
        throat of the troll in front of her.<<<<

        Two trolls suddenly rushed out of the bushes in front of the running
        elves, blocking their way. The green-skinned creatures both grinned
        nastily, one holding a broadsword nearly as long as a eight-turns-
        old cub is tall, the other with an axe resting lazily against his
        left shoulder.

        "We do you think you're going, little treasure hiders? Can't have
        you running off into the woods now, can we?" the one with the axe
        said, leering.

        Branchwalker visibly trembled but growled nonetheless and held up
        his metal dagger in a threatening gesture. He stood his ground,
        trying to place himself between the attackers and ChildWolf and
        LizardStalker. Behind him Stronglegs showed his fangs and snarled,
        ready to jump at any of the trolls at any moment.

        "Stop waving that needle around," the troll with the axe
        taunted. "You could poke someone's eye out." He took a step closer,
        eying LizardStalker with a wide grin.
        "Well, well, well, would you look at that Crushjaw; they've got one
        of their brats with them! How thoughtless! This forest is dangerous,
        don't you know?" A took another step, grin growing even wider and
        nastier. "We'd better take care of him for them, right? It's much
        safer down in the mines and I know of a gold vein that'd fit you
        nicely."
        He made a hand gesture to the troll by his side. "Crushjaw, get the
        brat! You other two can choose between giving up and dying. My part
        of the mines always needs extra hands and I could use some exercise
        with the axe, so either way I win."

        Crushjaw grinned stupidly and began moving towards LizardStalker,
        sword pointed at him.

        OOC: These two trolls' names are Crushjaw and Sandcave and they're
        brothers. Sandcave's rather smart (for a troll *grin*) so watch out
        for him. Crushjaw's not the brightest light around to say the least
        but he's strong so he more or less acts like a bodyguard and
        handyman for his brother.
      • emyannflux
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 15, 2006
          [One-Edge and Longsong fell back sudenly to the ground as the shouts
          and sendings began. SoftPaws leaping away from them, her eyes
          darting quickly about and her teeth flashing brightly as she snarles
          warning and threat to the killers of her packmates.]

          [Longsong recovered from his suprise as his back hit the leaves and
          as he stood her hooked his hands under his mate's arms, pulling her
          up with him. Letting her go he looked about, any sturdy branch
          would do. Seeing a sizable club he lunges for it, his eyes seeking
          something green to hit as his fingers close on the bark.]

          [One-Edge choked on her sob in suprise as the warm bodies fell out
          from behind her. Her mind raced to comprehend what it should be
          doing as her fall is cut short, she finds herself standing naked,
          coughing and dazed, her blade and the bed fur piled at her feet and
          chaos erupting around her.]

          (( I think I'm following the plan of turns and action I'm seeing in
          the other posts. If I take to much liberty with my "round" just let
          me know.)

          :D Emy
        • SofiaLindström
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 15, 2006
            and sendings began. SoftPaws leaping away from them, her eyes
            darting quickly about and her teeth flashing brightly as she snarles
            warning and threat to the killers of her packmates.<<<<

            as he stood her hooked his hands under his mate's arms, pulling her
            up with him.  Letting her go he looked about, any sturdy branch
            would do. Seeing a sizable club he lunges for it, his eyes seeking
            something green to hit as his fingers close on the bark.<<<<

            from behind her. Her mind raced to comprehend what it should be
            doing as her fall is cut short, she finds herself standing naked,
            coughing and dazed, her blade and the bed fur piled at her feet and
            chaos erupting around her.<<<<

            Harshtooth cursed under his breath and swung his axe at an elf close by that yet again leaped out of the way. The damned things were so _swift_! They had been much easier to hit when they'd been half asleep and cornered in their tree caves. Out here in the open even the wounded ones seemed as quick and jumpy as grasshoppers.
            As the elf he'd had his sight set on darted past him and disappeared into the woods he cursed again, louder this time. There had to be easier ones to catch. And that was when he spotted One-edge. She was just standing there, unclothed with a weapon untouched at her feet. _That_ was an easy target if there ever was one!
            Harshtooth began making his way across the glade towards the coughing elfess, a satisfied smirk on his face.

            the other posts. If I take to much liberty with my "round" just let
            me know.)<<<<

            OOC: As long as you don't move around other peoples characters or one of your characters start shooting firebeams from their eyes no one will yell at you *grin*
            Thank you for uploading your CISs, I've added them to what's soon to be the web site. Just one question: Is (or rather, was) SweetBreeze male or female?

          • Daystar
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 17, 2006
              > Two trolls suddenly rushed out of the bushes in front of the
              running
              > elves, blocking their way. The green-skinned creatures both
              grinned
              > nastily, one holding a broadsword nearly as long as a eight-turns-
              > old cub is tall, the other with an axe resting lazily against his
              > left shoulder.
              >
              > "We do you think you're going, little treasure hiders? Can't have
              > you running off into the woods now, can we?" the one with the axe
              > said, leering.
              >
              > Branchwalker visibly trembled but growled nonetheless and held up
              > his metal dagger in a threatening gesture. He stood his ground,
              > trying to place himself between the attackers and ChildWolf and
              > LizardStalker. Behind him Stronglegs showed his fangs and snarled,
              > ready to jump at any of the trolls at any moment.
              >
              > "Stop waving that needle around," the troll with the axe
              > taunted. "You could poke someone's eye out." He took a step
              closer,
              > eying LizardStalker with a wide grin.
              > "Well, well, well, would you look at that Crushjaw; they've got
              one
              > of their brats with them! How thoughtless! This forest is
              dangerous,
              > don't you know?" A took another step, grin growing even wider and
              > nastier. "We'd better take care of him for them, right? It's much
              > safer down in the mines and I know of a gold vein that'd fit you
              > nicely."
              > He made a hand gesture to the troll by his side. "Crushjaw, get
              the
              > brat! You other two can choose between giving up and dying. My
              part
              > of the mines always needs extra hands and I could use some
              exercise
              > with the axe, so either way I win."
              >
              > Crushjaw grinned stupidly and began moving towards LizardStalker,
              > sword pointed at him.

              No more. Especially not the cubs. They had to survive. They _would_
              survive. Howling with rage, Bloodmane leaped at Crushjaw from the
              side, spear pointed straight for the troll's throat.

              Riv was just about to give up pestering Eclipse when the trolls
              appeared. Run? What a stupid idea. He'd never before had a chance to
              fight a real troll, even though he had heard stories of them.
              Quickly he made a dash for his backpack and spear.

              OOC: Sorry for being late. No reason really - just had no
              inspiration at all. :(
            • SofiaLindstr�m
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 17, 2006
                taunted. "You could poke someone's eye out." He took a step
                closer, eying LizardStalker with a wide grin.
                "Well, well, well, would you look at that Crushjaw; they've got one of their brats with them! How thoughtless! This forest is dangerous, don't you know?" He took another step, grin growing even wider and nastier. "We'd better take care of him for them, right? It's much safer down in the mines and I know of a gold vein that'd fit you nicely."
                He made a hand gesture to the troll by his side. "Crushjaw, get the brat! You other two can choose between giving up and dying. My part of the mines always needs extra hands and I could use some exercise with the axe, so either way I win."<<<<

                They had to survive. They _would_ survive. Howling with rage, Bloodmane leaped at Crushjaw from the side, spear pointed straight for the troll's throat.<<<<

                Crushjaw was more than a little surprised by Bloodmane's sudden attack. Had it not been for Sandcave's shouted warning he'd surely had his throat cut right through. As it was he'd gotten a deep, painful wound that might kill him if he didn't fall back. With a gutural cry he turned tail and ran for his life. Smash, a young troll armed with a pickaxe, quickly took his place so the red-haired elfess couldn't flee after having given one of his own such a wound.

                Branchwalker breathed a sigh of relief as Bloodmane stepped in to protect them. He was not much of a fighter. Hunting for food was one thing, going up against a murderous troll armed with a sword another.
                He sent a shaky but hopefully encouraging **Thank you** to Bloodmane, then hurried to grab LizardStalker's hand and set off towards the sheltering forest. Unfortunately Sandcave stepped in their way again.

                "You're not going anywhere little snakes!" he hissed, voice filled with anger. "Those who cut my brother don't live long. Now had over the brat and I'll only take a few fingers from you."

                Branchwalker once more placed himself between the troll and the cub, feeling all blood drain from his face and flow to his legs. He wanted to run, but he couldn't leave LizardStalker and ChildWolf to fend for themselves.

                his backpack and spear.<<<<

                Bowaxe smiled as he managed to hit a fleeing elf in the leg. That one wouldn't run far. Then he spotted one of the pointed eared thieves who wasn't running. It actually looked like he was searching for something...
                A terrible thought suddenly struck him. What if the elves had some horrible, magical weapons hidden away? He couldn't let them use one! With a determent set of his jaw Bowaxe took aim at Riv and fired, aiming for the elf's right shoulder.

                inspiration at all. :(<<<<

                OOC: Don't worry. I should have been a better game leader and tagged everyone, since it seems I'm the one in charge of the trolls at the moment.
                Ok, quick recap: Two trolls lie dead. Sandcave and Smash are currently busy with Bloodmane, Branchwalker, LizardStalker and ChildWolf. Crushjaw's injured and so is another, as of yet unnamed, troll. Harshtooth (troll) is attacking One-edge and Bowaxe (troll with crossbow) is trying to shoot Riv. The other four unnamed trolls are fighting Dawngazer and the inactive elves in the background *smile*
                The reason Sandcave's after LizardStalker is that he's been told all elves can learn to do any magic they choose at a very early age and then when they've learned one or two forget how to learn any other. He wants to make sure LizardStalker "chooses" to learn Rock-Shaping, thus making his mining more efficiante.

                Yahoo! Photos
              • Xavier Fieyr
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 17, 2006
                  Branchwalker once more placed himself between the troll and the cub,
                  feeling all blood drain from his face and flow to his legs. He wanted
                  to run, but he couldn't leave LizardStalker and ChildWolf to fend for
                  themselves.<<

                  ChildWolf pulled his bow from his back and had a few arrows. He aimed
                  for the troll that was going towards them. He saw LizardStalker with
                  BranchWalker. He went over and was next to BranchWalker somewhat,
                  keeping his brother behind them. LizardStalker still had his brother's
                  wooden darts. He knew how to use them and would if left with no other
                  choice. Sprinter was next to her elf and bared her teeth and growled
                  at the troll. ~**What do we do now?**~ he asked BranchWalker. He was
                  the only one that he knew would know.
                • SofiaLindstr�m
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 17, 2006

                    at the troll. ~**What do we do now?**~ he asked BranchWalker. He was the only one that he knew would know.<<<<

                    Branchwalker took a deep breath, desperatly trying to think of a plan of escape. He came up with one and it wasn't very good. ~**There's only one troll interested in us now. Pray to the High Ones you don't draw attention to yourself, then take LizardStalker and run on my signal. I'll take care of this mud digger,**~ he lock-sent to ChildWolf.
                    He wasn't sure he'd be able to do this, to survive this. But he had to try. With a silent thought to the spirit of his lost tribemates Branchwalker tightened his grip around his dagger. His eyes narrowed in a very lupine glare he sprung at the enemy with a howl, at the same times sending, ~**NOW!**~ to ChildWolf.

                    A light of insecurity lit in Sandcave's eyes as he watched the three unmoving elves before him. Two were armed, yet none of them had attacked yet. It was all wrong. And he got the funny feeling that they were talking among themselves without uttering a word. Which of course was complete nonsense, but still...
                    It came as a pure shock when the one with the dagger who attacked first. The before trembling elf had seemingly been overcome by the fury and strenght of a cornered animal. Sandcave's shock made him clumsy and thus he didn't have time to completely dodge the dagger. He screamed as white hot pain lit up his face. Waving around madly with his arms he managed to hit his attacker in the ribs, earning him a surprised cry. He was in too much pain to care though.

                    Yahoo! Photos
                  • emyannflux
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 22, 2006
                      > Harshtooth cursed under his breath and swung his axe at an elf
                      close by that yet again leaped out of the way. The damned things were
                      so _swift_! They had been much easier to hit when they'd been half
                      asleep and cornered in their tree caves. Out here in the open even the
                      wounded ones seemed as quick and jumpy as grasshoppers.
                      > As the elf he'd had his sight set on darted past him and
                      disappeared into the woods he cursed again, louder this time. There
                      had to be easier ones to catch. And that was when he spotted One-edge.
                      She was just standing there, unclothed with a weapon untouched at her
                      feet. _That_ was an easy target if there ever was one!
                      > Harshtooth began making his way across the glade towards the
                      coughing elfess, a satisfied smirk on his face.

                      [The visage of the sneering Troll bareing down on her sent One-Edge's
                      mind into a rush of thoughts, Run, Attack, Breath, and far in the back
                      a part of her mind she was glad, if that troll was a decent warrior
                      this would all be over soon. SoftPaws and Longsong had a differnt
                      view of it however.
                      Softpaws' yellow eyes turned to see the Troll comeing twoards "her"
                      One-Edge and she pivited on her hide feet to leap to her bondmates
                      side, a snarl curling her lips over white sharp teeth. She would taste
                      this Trolls flesh!
                      Longsong turned as he stood with club in hand and sighted the Troll
                      lumbering across the glade at him and what was left of his world. He
                      takes the steps up to his mate's side, killing to kill was new to him
                      but in last few hours he has seen it done and he was sure he'd made a
                      good first attempt at it.
                      As her first good breath rushed in One"edge both sees and senses her
                      loved ones and their thoughts. The thought of fight begins to
                      overtake the others.]

                      :D
                      Emy G
                    • Foxtrot
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 22, 2006
                        He screamed as white hot pain lit up his face. Waving around madly
                        with his arms he managed to hit his attacker in the ribs, earning him
                        a surprised cry. He was in too much pain to care though.<<

                        SilverEyes went watched the trolls and where they went. She was
                        checking out who to attack first. She had her arrow notched in her
                        bow, she didn't want to waste any arrows in missed hits. She went over
                        to the children, LizardStalker and ChildWolf. **(Give me some of your
                        arrows. Then you need to run.)** she locksent to him. She was going to
                        make sure they had an escape that would be successful.
                      • Xavier Fieyr
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 23, 2006
                          LizardStalker and ChildWolf. **(Give me some of your arrows. Then you
                          need to run.)** she locksent to him. She was going to make sure they
                          had an escape that would be successful.<<

                          ChildWolf grabbed some of his arrows and put them in SilverEyes'
                          quiver. He then grabbed LizardStalker's arm and ran into the forest
                          with him. He knew they needed to escape. They would find BranchWalker
                          later. LizardStalker was very scared and ran beside his brother. **
                          (Where's the others?)** he asked his older brother. Sprinter was
                          running behind LizardStalker, keeping anyone from following them. **(We
                          will find them soon, but now we must live and escape from them.)** he
                          sent softly to his younger brother.
                        • Daystar
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 25, 2006
                            > Crushjaw was more than a little surprised by Bloodmane's sudden
                            attack. Had it not been for Sandcave's shouted warning he'd surely
                            had his throat cut right through. As it was he'd gotten a deep,
                            painful wound that might kill him if he didn't fall back. With a
                            gutural cry he turned tail and ran for his life. Smash, a young
                            troll armed with a pickaxe, quickly took his place so the red-haired
                            elfess couldn't flee after having given one of his own such a wound.

                            > Branchwalker breathed a sigh of relief as Bloodmane stepped in
                            to protect them. He was not much of a fighter. Hunting for food was
                            one thing, going up against a murderous troll armed with a sword
                            another.
                            > He sent a shaky but hopefully encouraging **Thank you** to
                            Bloodmane, then hurried to grab LizardStalker's hand and set off
                            towards the sheltering forest. Unfortunately Sandcave stepped in
                            their way again.

                            > "You're not going anywhere little snakes!" he hissed, voice
                            filled with anger. "Those who cut my brother don't live long. Now
                            had over the brat and I'll only take a few fingers from you."

                            > Branchwalker once more placed himself between the troll and the
                            cub, feeling all blood drain from his face and flow to his legs. He
                            wanted to run, but he couldn't leave LizardStalker and ChildWolf to
                            fend for themselves.

                            As Silvereyes stepped in and Childwolf and LizardStalker ran from
                            the fight, Bloodmane dodged Smash's pickaxe and attacked Sandcave.
                            **Run NOW!** she sent to Branchwalker. **Take care of those two,**
                            she added, referring to Childwolf and LizardStalker.

                            > Bowaxe smiled as he managed to hit a fleeing elf in the leg.
                            That one wouldn't run far. Then he spotted one of the pointed eared
                            thieves who wasn't running. It actually looked like he was searching
                            for something...
                            > A terrible thought suddenly struck him. What if the elves had
                            some horrible, magical weapons hidden away? He couldn't let them use
                            one! With a determent set of his jaw Bowaxe took aim at Riv and
                            fired, aiming for the elf's right shoulder.

                            His movement almost cost Riv his head, but for now his luck held and
                            the arrow only scratched him at the junction of his shoulder and
                            neck, barely missing solid flesh. He made it to his backpack and
                            grabbed his spear, holding the pack in front of him like a shield
                            with his left arm. How would he get to an enemy with a bow without
                            getting really shot?